Cardsy - create Cards in bulk from selected widgets on the board

Show first post

44 replies

Hi,

For some reason, I can’t find the plugin icon on my board. It is accurately added to my boards though.

Did I do something wrong ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@drj3kl - @Yash will need to take a look at this. Hopefully this mention catches his attention.

Damn!! this looks so cool. I could definitely use this capability however I keep getting an “unsupported response_type_ error when trying to install even though I get the successful added page :( Error URL

Any suggestions? Can it get added to the Miro Apps Store

Hey @Yash

Same problem as @Toni B. Would love to use this feature! Any help is greatly appreciated! 

@Yash Bhalodi What am I doing wrong? I click the link to install the plugin, website says “success” but unfortunately the plugin is missing. 

I’m so excited about that feature - so please help me :) 

thank you. :) 

@Yash THIS IS AMAZING...THANK YOU!!! I just finished a huge mind map of feature sets and was about to manually turn the whole thing into cards for prioritization. So glad I googled this! Kudos to @Robert Johnson for suggesting the addition of mind maps to Cardsy...You both saved me hours of work! Well done...thanks again!!!

@Yash This is wonderful work. My only challenge is that I wish I could keep the connections in the node tree. This would be a game-changer. Thanks! Craig

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Cardsy in action: Mind Map nodes → Cards → Kanban

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Yash - This is amazing! THANK YOU! 😁👍 This additional functionality to Cardsy will help make mind maps more useful as they can now quickly be generated into cards which can then move on trough various processes, e.g., Kanban for development.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello again everyone!

I am glad to announce that I have updated Cardsy. 

Latest Cardsy can now generate cards from Mind Map Nodes as well. @Robert Johnson, thanks for the suggestion.

Install Link :- Cardsy

Demo of Latest Update:- Video 

As usual, any type of feedback is much appreciated.
Btw, due to some technical reasons, the plugin icon will be now show in the bottom bar instead of widget menu.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Yash - Thanks so much for Cardsy! While I sometimes use Miro’s native object conversion, I more often use Cardsy to generate sticky notes into Cards for Kanban boards.

A few days ago, I posted a Wish List Idea for converting Mind Map nodes into sticky notes/Cards. And this morning, I had a thought… and the chances are really good that you already know what I’m going to ask next...

Would it be a fairly low-effort change to enable Cardsy to generate Cards from mind map nodes?! Once we have Cards from the nodes, for those who want stick notes/shapes/text, they could use Miro’s native conversion on the Cardsy-generated cards. This would be a game-changer!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks, @Boris Borodyansky!

Posting the working solution here for till docs updates.

extensionPoints: {
getWidgetMenuItems: async (widgets, editmode) => {
return [
{
tooltip: <tooltip>,
svgIcon: <icon>,
onClick: <function>,
},
];
},
}

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Yash , makes sense!

About context menu, please try this extension point: https://github.com/miroapp/app-examples/blob/e6a6b167edad582b9aa4bcb50eb7e6c7d0b00372/miro.d.ts#L100

I guess we need to update some guides on the extension point names. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Boris Borodyansky

Thanks a lot for checking it out and awesome feedback as well.:grin:

I completely missed that.:sweat_smile: I was under impression that this conversion is only supported for one sticky each. Anyway, this is conversion, what cardsy does is generation. As Kiron mentioned, some user might want to keep the original widgets on the board and want to generate cards to use somewhere else. i.e. keeping the “brainstorm” section of board intact but adding them into kanban.

• It is recommended to use context menu for actions that are possible only with selected object, you can find more info here

That was my original intent too, since it requires some objects to be selected, the plugin should be visible only if user has selected some objects. However, when I tried using the `widgetContextMenu` as extension point, I kept running in following error. So had to reluctantly keep it in `bottomBar`. What could I be doing wrong? let me know.

sdk.1.1.js:24 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Unknown extension point: widgetContextMenu
at sdk.1.1.js:24
at sdk.1.1.js:24
at u (sdk.1.1.js:24)
at o (sdk.1.1.js:24)
at Object.e.default (sdk.1.1.js:24)
at sdk.1.1.js:9

(anonymous) @ sdk.1.1.js:24
(anonymous) @ sdk.1.1.js:24
u @ sdk.1.1.js:24
o @ sdk.1.1.js:24
e.default @ sdk.1.1.js:24
(anonymous) @ sdk.1.1.js:9
Promise.then (async)
initialize @ sdk.1.1.js:9
(anonymous) @ main.js:4
Promise.then (async)
onReady @ sdk.1.1.js:9
(anonymous) @ main.js:1
  • it would be cool to convert several objects into 1 card, that’d be definitely a new feature. Like, first: title, then: description, rest: tags. What do you think?

Very Interesting, that does sound cool, I am not sure of use case, but that definitely is cool. It would depend on use case what user want to keep as title of card, description, and tags. we could try asking user if they want to generate all cards or merge the info in one card (in this same plugin or different). Yep. this is really interesting. Guess I wanna build it.:sweat_smile:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @Yash , great work, well done!

Some feedback, just like you asked for :wink: :

• do you think this plugin covers same use case as built-in conversion functionality?
  • It is recommended to use context menu for actions that are possible only with selected object, you can find more info here
  • it would be cool to convert several objects into 1 card, that’d be definitely a new feature. Like, first: title, then: description, rest: tags. What do you think?
Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks a lot, @Kiron Bondale!

Your words means a lot to me. 😁

Initially I had this idea because I ended up jotting down everything I needed on my board as Text, or mostly Shapes. But then I realized I should've created Cards instead... And thus Cardsy was born. 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This is a pretty cool plugin, @Yash ! I can definitely see benefits for those teams who want to manage their backlogs purely in Miro as it allows them to easily go from brainstorming stories or story mapping to cards which can be dropped into a Kanban board.

Great work!

Kiron

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Heya @Kyle.C!
I am so glad to see you interested in this.😋
Here is a short video. 

I worked on it a little bit today, and now new generated cards will have the same tags as original stickers too.

Here is short Loom Video of plugin in action.

If you feel like this will be of use to you, you can install the plugin clicking here. 😁

PS:- Any type of feedback is appreciated. 🙂

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Yash this sounds cool, thanks for sharing!

Could you include some gifs or screenshots of this plugin? It would be helpful to see how it works :grin: