Skip to main content

Hi,

It would be nice to be able to rename a group, just like you can with images.

Thanks

@Robert Norgren - I am not understanding what you mean by “group”. Can you provide some context?

@Robert Johnson A group of images or graphics.

@Robert Norgren - Because Miro supports the Grouping of any objects, could your idea then be simply to have the option to give grouped objects a name?

@Robert Johnson That’s an excellent idea as well, but I would also love to be able to flatten a group, e.g. when I mask sensitive information with a rectangle shape on top of a screenshot.

@Robert Norgren - Flattening objects as a means of permanently redacting information is another great idea - actually, you may already be able to do that (more on this after).

For now, I am hoping we can rename this post, so that your idea is clear and will therefore pick up votes.

Question:

• If you were able to give a group of objects a name, what would that allow you to do?

Flattening objects

If you have the Copy as text or image (beta) on your account, you could select a group of images, copy them to your clipboard as one merged/flattened image, and then paste it back onto the board.

Here I am using a black rectangle shape to redact information on a document:

That’s a nice tip! Thank you.

Allowing me to rename a group would allow better organization and give the group a file name upon exporting.