Missing option to "Select preview area" - Change thumbnail showing instead

• 10 January 2023
  • 7 replies

I use Miro in the app. This might have changed in a recent update but I used to be able to “Select preview area” under the board name. Now it shows “change thumbnail”. Where can I select preview area? 

I looked at this thread https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/unable-to-set-preview-area-8172 but this user uses the browser. But I am missing “Select preview area” shown below in the app. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Maarten Stolker - Try selecting Change thumbnail and in the modal window that opens, scroll down and you should find Select board area:

Nope it’s gone for me :( 

A there it is, thanks @Robert Johnson!

Quite right. Is available from within the board settings.. within the board! Thanks @Robert Johnson 

@Robert Johnson Even when opening the settings from the board, this option is nowhere to be found for me:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Johnson Even when opening the settings from the board, this option is nowhere to be found for me:

It looks like Miro is making some changes as they moved they have since moved the “upload” option to the top. From my testing, any team member (or Team or Company Admin) with editing rights for the board should have the Select board area option - I do, and in all roles.

You could try:

1. If using a browser,
    1. clear your cache
    2. disable any extensions - an incognito window usually accomplishes this.
  2. If using the Miro desktop app, reset the app data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Nope it’s gone for me :( 

If you try to change the thumbnail from the dashboard, you will not see the Select board area.