Zooming Timeline

I am trying to do a History timeline .. from , well, the beguining of civilization to current times.

The idea is to have a overview of big civilization events and trends and then be able to zoom in into the events that mark the centuries , and then zoom in to specific years,  events , battles, people  etc.. 

so far  this is 1st draft...

So I would need a grid that ideally “auto-resize” the dates. But anyway of creating a grid with 4000 columns for years woulkd also work.

This sort of timeline would be great for history ( i am doing it for my children..) but also for any kind of organization .. key events etc..

I can also see the use for a personal timeline, calendar , planning , .. where you have like the big Yearly objetives , then break them Quarterly objectives , Monthy -weekly planning and even the Daily to do in a visual way , grouped by interelated projects etc..

Any ideas , suggestions .. ?

Let me now

Also posted as question in case any suggestion on how to do it / workaround

I was also thinking about this kind of timeline.

So this will basically automated timeline.

The way I see it:

1. Any “entity” in Miro can have datetime field (optional), which can then be connected to one or several timelines present on the board - and positioned properly automatically.
  2. Timeline can be zoomed in/out

Similar design:

https://vizzlo.com/create/timeline