Temporarily disable all editing of board

Quite often board participants are unable to stop themselves from roaming the board and making changes (some intentional, others not) at times when they should be more focused on the discussions that are taking place.

As the board owner, I would like to have an the option to quickly disable/enable all editing of the board - they participants could no longer create or modify any objects, but could still navigate the board.

Robert, this is already possible. You can change on the fly to ‘can view’ for everyone. The board link isn’t changed ! And the new setting is broadcasted live to every participant.  

So if you shared your board with permission ‘can edit’ you can revoke that setting to ‘can view’ and visa versa. (maybe it’s a bug but is working !) 

Hi @Robert Rietveld. Thanks for pointing this out! What you’ve detailed appears to be by design (and works quite well!) While it definitely is possible to use the method you have outlined, I was hoping for a more elegant/user-friendly solution, e.g., an Edit toggle.

It’s worth noting that there are up to four (that I know) places that you would have to change this:

1. Team
  2. Public
  3. Project - I can set all of my boards to Team → No access, but create a project, put the board in that project, give members of that project Edit access to boards in that project (essential using Projects to mimic folders)
  4. Board level - With Team → No access, I can add one (or more) people at the board leve with Edit access.