Idea

Snap to grid

Show first post

36 replies

New to Miro.

Just started my first dashboard.

I put one object on the page. 

“Huh… no auto-snap to the grid… there must be a setting”

Type “Miro <space>” in the search bar and “Miro snap to grip” autocompletes. 

Now reading this thread. 

+1 for universal grid-snapping! Makes Miro much less useful to my team of engineers!

Badge

Deal breaker for me moving over to Miro TBH.

Not sure why the concept is so foreign to this software.

Canvas has a grid > Right Click choose Grid Options > Make grid whatever size, amount you want > Snap Objects to grid > DONE

Badge

How is this not an option?

I want to edit the canvas grid to an 8px grid with 24px sub grid and then have all my objects snap to this grid. Why is this not an option? Mind Boggler.

I wanted to move my team over from another app to Miro but this is a complete dealbreaker.

If we make flow charts with out the snapping they will look ugly and misaligned. Then, if Miro somehow wakes up to the fact that every other app has this and it is because users want it, then I’ll have to go through all my files again and snap all the objects to the new grid. NO THANK YOU

And the Snap Objects has nothing really to do with this because I want to snap objects TO GRID as well as each other. They are 2 separate functions. We need both. (on a positive note, thank you for adding the feature of remembering what my last linking arrowhead was - both arrowheads or one)

Please +1 this so they implement it.

SAKES….. ^^^^ THIS!

For the OCD among us, and for the jillion “design matters” people everywhere JUST DO IT!

And wonderful product that you have created that has made all these passionate people plead with you to add this important and necessary feature.

Thank you!

Dear Miro team. 👉 SNAP. TO. GRID. 👈

The lack of this feature is one of the main points that still makes me long for Whimsical. People like me have been tweaking their way around this for ages now. Especially, when working on extensive Story or Journey Maps, a little alignment helps a lot to keep things tidy and organized. Just do it! Please!😘

Badge

Yes! Definitely something that consumes more time than necessary for me!

Yes I too would really value snap to grid! Thanks :) 

Yes please.

We’re tempted to use this for our business “design/brainstorming” sessions, but having the lack of any kind of snapping to grid (especially when trying to create UI’s) is kinda frustrating.

Thanks

It is really amazing the lack of response from the Miro team for the most requested features.

Snap to Grid, Layers, Interactivity….these topics come up weekly on these forums and actually prevents teams from adopting Miro wholesale.

ADD SNAP TO GRID PLEASE.