Retain vector format on import and export

Unless I am mistaken, when a vector PDF is imported, it is converted to a bitmap. For example, assets exported from Illustrator as PDF, will look correct in Miro, but if exported as a PDF, the imported vector is pixilated. I have tested that it is possible to export SVG from illustrator and those retain vector format on export. However, in a workflow, that is not always possible so it would be great if you would retain the original PDF vector format on export.

Also, while the illustrator SVG vector is imported and visible as a resolution independent vector, I note that it fails to render correctly on screen at some magnifications. For example, on file the SVGs turn into light grey blocks at 53%, then reappear as clear objects at 15%. This may only be with Illustrator generated SVG files since I have other SVG icons that do not disappear. I assume this is a bug.

So, the feature improvement is to ensure PDF are also imported as vector (for those elements that are vector) and retain the vector format on export.

Yes, critical...

We would use this too. When I convert vector based PDF to SVG I can easily get over 30 MB file limit.

Mysterious why this isn’t standard. I want to export to print [yes, it can happen, it still exists, there is a need] at large scale to display in an office area and my embedded PDF, which is 100% vector and contains critical content, comes out as a very low res image with unreadable text. All the Miro content is vector. So to do this I will need use different software to layer the original PDF and and exported PDF of Miro content together in a different app and re-export that. I’ll probably also need to export as a jpg to ensure I get the positioning correct.