Participants' private areas during workshops

A killer feature to gamify my workshops would be to allow participants to play/work each in their own private areas with a show/hide toggle (for sharing later with the rest of the team). This could be done via frames that are:

• automatically generated for all present users
  • based on predefined custom templates
  • each frame is granted permissions for 1 user + the session facilitator

I agree, I think it’s nice to have times when peeping isn’t allowed for a variety of reasons.

Would love to see this developed into something the board owner and/or participants can manage. But also that a board owner could do global timed areas. So during an activity it is private and at a certain point, the frame becomes revealed. I think it’d be great fun for group activities and breakout rooms, as groups peeping on other groups can often spoil it. 

Great idea!!

Hey @Bubble D @Vesa-Matti @Stefano Mastrogiacomo Can you pls check our new feature that is in Beta right now - Breakout Frames and give feedback if it works for your use-case?

@Kate Ivanova 

Hello,

This seems like a nice feature, yes. However, I've missed more the ability to hide areas from other users completely. However, in such a way that e.g. I can see the hidden area myself (and other admins).

We have such situations all the time, that our client's staff is constantly moving around on the board and our staff should be able to edit content within the same board without showing it to the client at that point. We may not even be on the board at the same time.

@Kate Ivanova

Hi Kate,

Same comment for me, I like the feature however it does not cover the use case I mentioned higher. A private space for each user that they can show/hide. I’d need features like:

ADMIN

• Create private frames for all the participants (assign template or not)
  • Send participants to their private frame
  • Go to private frame N

USERS

• Go to my private frame
  • Show/hide private frame

That would be a killer feature for retros and workshops too, where I want people to be able to create without being influenced by what others are currently creating.

Technically, it would be different from the hidden frames with a “show” button. Instead have it be “claimable” by a user, which means it needs a “claim” button, and if you have claimed it, an “unclaim” button (so if you accidentally claimed a frame, you can unclaim it again).

The claimed account can then see the contents (maybe with a striped effect to indicate that the content is hidden to others), while for all other board members, the content is invisible. As the claimed person, you can choose to unhide the frame (and possibly hide it again from the others).

@Tim Dellas - Sounds like this is in the works → https://community.miro.com/ideas/private-mode-for-contributors-2716/index2.html?postid=7219#post7219