Lock permissions management for educators

I use Miro to run my entire education curriculum as an instructor. My class is half content and half student participation in terms of activities on the board. Here are a few challenges I run into:

• I prepare for class on boards I’ve already shared with my students. Sometimes they’re in those boards and I want them to be able to access previous content but not be able to touch the slides/curriculum I’m currently preparing
    • Proposed feature: Student users can create and add but boards created by me are locked for them
  • Sometimes I lock all the boards and students still end up moving them around. In one of my first classes a student duplicated an entire row of slides and shifted it by just a bit - I had a panic as I wouldn’t even know how to address that. 
  • I want to lock things in position to keep students from duplicating and dragging things but I still need certain links to be clickable and accessible
    • Proposed feature: Automatically lock all things except links

@Lisa Guo ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ - There may be options for you already.

Locking a board so that students cannot make any changes

You can change the board’s Team settings to View or Comment only:

Lock objects so that no one else but you can unlock them

First, lock the object and then use the Protected Lock feature that only you can unlock them.

And when you do this, links will still work - her is an example of objects that I Protected Locked, but when I access the board as another user, the links are still clickable (at least when I have linked from a sticky note and from text).

In this GIF, I show the browser window where I am signed in as the board owner and have protected locked the sticky note and text objects. Then I switch over to another browser where I am just a team member and can still click the links, but cannot modify the objects: