API for Education

I would really love to see REST-API features for Education, to integrate Miro within our Custom Learning Analytics Solutions. Is there any way to see such a feature any time soon? I think this would allow for researchers to analyze collaboration and online learning a lot better.

@SebastianSchmidtTUD  
Sounds promising… 
Can you provide more detail about the kinds of features you’d need in API features? I know for a fact that Miro product managers are listening in and hungry to learn these kind of things. :) 

@Max Harper

Thank you for letting me know.

First of all, I would like to extract data about basic usage like number of widgets created and edited, chat messages exchanged etc per student. Further on, times spent on platform per day/week,… would be helpful I guess. It is hard to say which data traces will be good indicators for our approach, since the technology is rather new in educational usage and I haven't found a lot of research results regarding these kind of tools, at least in my domain.

I see that some data might be available within dev-teams but couldn‘t find any information regarding teams for education. Currently I have some (university) students working on a simple exemplary implementation in a dev-team.

Purpose of the research is to understand collaborative learning better and to support such learning with formative feedback based on analytics. 

I am very open for exchange regarding similar approaches or interests, may it be from the community or even the Miro Staff.