Add "repeat action" by shortcut feature

Related products: Shortcuts / Controls

Hi everyone,

As I switched from PPt to moro recelntly, I am very much missing some simple features that I used there.

One would be the “repeat action” shortcut by pression CTRL+Y. E.g. to repeat a grouping action without having to klick on “group” again or aligning objects without the menu/buttons.

Thanks a lot!

@Sarah Gelb-Wiegand - If by "grouping" you are referring to the Grouping feature, Ctrl/Cmd+G is the shortcut for this.

More shortcuts here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017731033-Shortcuts-and-Hotkeys

Tio: You can create another of the last created object by double-clicking on a blank spot on the board. And if you haven't created an object yet during that board session, double-clicking creates a Sticky Note.

@Robert Johnson - thanks for your reply!

Yes, I know how grouping can be done by shortcuts, but a repeat function would not just limit to this feature, but to everything you did as a last action, like aligning etc. 
With such a feature, people don’t meed to memoriza all shortcuts, but can just execute one action, like making text bold with the controls and then repeat by ctrl+y. Also, for peoplöe with small hands (like me ;-)), the Y key is much easier to press in combination with CTRL, than for example the B or G keys. 

I would love this also. For any “latest applied action” - such as selectively coloring some text red, then CTL+Y would apply red color to other text after selected. Or changing a table cell’s background color, then CTL+Y would do that on other selected cells after that.

(Just tried doing this, since it works in many (esp. MS) Windows apps, but sadness. Would love to have it work.)

@Eric Wilson 
Yes, that’s exactly what I am talking about! 

I definitely need this feature.

Yes, please!

I would also love to see this feature. F4 has been my ‘go-to’ key for years (Microsoft equivalent). Most online tools use CTRL + Y as mentioned above. It’s become a native behaviour in other tools. 

Please can you consider including it?

+1 to this

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment about this feature. We appreciate your patience. Our team is reviewing this idea as it continues to be open for votes and comments.
For those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request!

Thank you,
Miro Community Team