Object dimensions to create consistently aligned diagrams and designs

• 5 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi Community,

Everything you need to create a great presentation or diagram is now right in Miro. Give your work a professional, polished look with alignment guides and dimensions. It’s now easier than ever to

• Dimensions show the exact size of an object, space objects evenly or make them the same size
  • When turned on, guides appear as you drag an object on the board
  • Fine-tune your presentation designs, and ensure all your diagrams have consistency

Visit our help center to learn more. Let us know how you use dimensions.

Happy diagramming,

Turner

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Turner Pijpers -

Great enhancement! This should address a lot of concerns users had raised in the past about being unable to do more precise drawings with Miro!

Kiron

Userlevel 1

Is it possible to enter a direct numeric value of the object dimension?

This is a great start!

One “Bug” is that the feature doesn’t work with an ad-blocker enabled. I disabled the blocker for miro.com and then the feature works as expected

It’s a very nice to see how large a shape is becoming, but I would really like to type values in the blue box of in some menu item somewhere. Maybe by double-clicking the blue dimension box.

I’m guessing the values are pixels? Will we eventually also be getting mm dimensions as well?

I tested the A4 frame and reports 961x1359 as size. 

Presuming the values are pixels, I get a pixel value of 116,235 pixels/inch when I enter this pixel dimension in Photoshop and set the size to A4 dimension. That's a really uncommon value, is this a BUG? 

Creat to have object diemmnsions, but I too would like fame sizes be defined in mm not pixels.

Thanks, Paul

Userlevel 2

Setting size with pixels is not very helpful. 

• Need inches & mm option.
  • Also need to be able to enter a value on-the-fly to change the size or set it on creation.

Any timing coming for this enhancement?

Yes, please. We need any type of option to type in fixed values for the size of content. It does not even need to be pixel based. Just a percentage of its original size would work. This way we can make images placed with the same dpi comparable to each other. 

Hey Turner,

I love Miro, and congrats for all the great work.

This “dimensions” feature is nice, but don’t advertise it as a solution for the so-desired “dimensions” feature I need and see so many others commenting. Plus the silent majority for sure.

My thoughts:

• It’s kind of good (better than nothing) to be creating an object, and have a visual indicator of the current dimension.
  • A dimensions feature, as expected, would allow me to make a rough square, edit and define it’s dimensions… say w=350, h=200
    • Same for other objects, frames etc.
  • For printing, have pixels, and physical mm/inches
  • It’s not hard to imagine other softwares, doing this, right? Would you like some pointers.
  • Plus, there’s an API on the SDK to do this, so why isn’t that available on a UI, for the user?

Thanks, waiting on your thoughts!

Yes - having to translated pixels to mm and inches is not ideal for printing documents to a certain scale or for cutting out items

Any planned updates on this MIRO?