Now you can import Asana tasks to board as Cards!

• 16 January 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Integrations 

Asana Cards are available for Team, Business, Enterprise, Consultant plans only

Import Asana tasks to Miro and invite your team to discuss, prioritize, and sync on the tasks visually in real time, seeing everyone equally engaged. Install now

8 replies

Hi,

not sure if this is the right place for this but anyway … I really love that feature of using Asana cards in Miro. It helps to organize and distribute work on another level which is great. But right now this feature is not really usable for me and my organization. 

The reason is simply the available filter option while adding cards from asana. We have a lot (really a lot) of projects and tags in asana. Searching through them using the provided filters makes it impossible to find the tasks i’m looking for and sometimes takes me several minutes.

Something like a plain text search field or at least an alphabetical order of projects and/or tags would be nice. Maybe you are already thinking about improving the asana integration?!

Cheers!

Marcel

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Great feedback @Marcel! Very insightful :point_up_tone1:

My colleagues will get back to you soon to ask for more details :wink:

Hi @Marina 
I am trying to use the Asana integration with Miro as it would be really valuable for our team. I have installed the app, but once I’m in the board and click the Asana option in the menu I can’t add any content. The window that open is blank and doesn’t allow me to move forward [see pic attached]. 

I’ve checked all the available resources provided by Miro but couldn’t figure out what’s wrong (https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039492573-Asana-Cards#h_a31f17f1-466b-48d8-942b-f4888c1ef9f0

Ill really appreciate if you can help me  with this issue, 
Regards, 
Gabriela

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Gabriela Masfarré Pintó,

This is a real support case, so could you please reach out to the Support Team at support@miro.com:pray_tone2:  

Hi @Marina ,

Can the Asana cards integration with Miro be used onto a Miro Brainstorm framework, to produce the individual idea color post-its, or is it just limited to “separate widgets or to adding them to Kanban and User Story Map frameworks by dragging” ?

Thanks,

Amy

Userlevel 2

Hi,

not sure if this is the right place for this but anyway … I really love that feature of using Asana cards in Miro. It helps to organize and distribute work on another level which is great. But right now this feature is not really usable for me and my organization. 

The reason is simply the available filter option while adding cards from asana. We have a lot (really a lot) of projects and tags in asana. Searching through them using the provided filters makes it impossible to find the tasks i’m looking for and sometimes takes me several minutes.

Something like a plain text search field or at least an alphabetical order of projects and/or tags would be nice. Maybe you are already thinking about improving the asana integration?!

Cheers!

Marcel

What happened to this question?

Hi,

This integration is very nice. One question:

I imported all the cards from an Asana project into a Miro board.

If I come back later to the board, is there a way for me to import only new cards that got created in Asana since the first import?

Thank you

This integration is the reason why I upgraded to a paid plan and considered moving away from lucidchart.

Problem is it is not done in a very usable way. As @Marcel mentions 2 years ago, if you have a busy asana with lots of project and task it is super easy to add tasks.

A super simple idea would be to use the link of the task. You copy the link from asana and paste it on miro. Miro then converts it to a card.

I also cannot change anything on the task, so it is a read only integration. Would be nice to be able to update due dates, asssignee, etc.