Intorducing Advanced Dashboard Search Capabilities

• 8 January 2024
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey Miro Community,

Finding boards and content has become a whole lot easier! On your dashboard, you can now search for any text on the board, whether it's in a sticky note, widget, or frame. Additionally, if you have multiple teams, you can search across all your teams, as the results will display options across all the teams you have access to in your organization and available across all paid plans.

This has been a long-requested item on our community Wish List, and we hope this improves your experience!  To learn more about this update see more from our Help Center: How to Search in Miro.

💬 Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below, we’re here to help!

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Manouska - Has this fully rolled out to all Starter, Business, and Education Plans? (It already existed for Enterprise Plan).

I ask because, even though I signed out of Miro, cleared my cache, and signed back in, I still cannot search within boards from my Business Plan dashboard:

Feedback for help center content team: The screenshot is still labelled as “Enterprise Plan”, so I’m not exactly sure what to expect with my plan:

Hi @Manouska.

Same result as with @Robert Johnson here.

Sending me to Enterprise plan when I try to search from the dashboard.

It’s the same here - and even the article you linked to does not really do the trick:

While it says

“If you're on the Business or Enterprise plan...”

both images are labeled “Searching for content on Enterprise Plan

So - it seems to be the way it always was, with Miro still lacking a very basic feature - and there’s no way to use search unless you can convince your whole company (I’m a consultant in a small company, so I usually work with external clients - and promote Lucid or Miro depending on what serves best in the given situation). Not being able to find something in larger projects (i.e., if I have more than 3 boards) is a big flaw.

Imagine Microsoft Word would allow searching on more than one page only if you had 30+ licenses of it...

So - please make a professional search feature available to the “business” plan. If you really have to, make it a “business+” plan, but please end this charade! 

-Mark

Userlevel 2

Greetings everyone!

My name is Kirk and I'm the PM working on Miro Search. Thanks for all of your feedback and for flagging this issue. I want to apologise for the confusion and inconvenience caused by the dissonance between the update @Manouska shared above and the functionality all of you are currently experiencing in your business plan accounts.

I want to clarify that our plan was and still is to make advanced search available to all paid plans including business plans. However, due to a technical issue on our end this feature was not released to users on the Business Plan and is currently only available to users on the Starter and Edu Plans. For this I take full responsibility and you have my sincere apologies.

We know that this is a heavily requested feature and a huge user need that has gone unmet for far too long. We are fully committed to delivering on our plan and actively working on fixing this issue. We hope to have this resolved before end of business tomorrow. I will provide an update in this thread tomorrow before 12PM CEST.

Thanks for your feedback and understanding. If you have any further questions, suggestions or concerns, particularly with regard to Search, don't hesitate to reach out. 

-Kirk

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for the update, @Kirk Davis! And, hey, these things happen. “Tomorrow” (or even next week) is better than next month/quarter/”at a later date”! 🙌

Good comms. Thanks, @Kirk Davis. Looking forward to it!

Userlevel 2

Greetings all!

As promised, our hotfix should be rolled out in the next couple of hours. I will post an update in this thread once advanced search is live for business plans. 

Many thanks again for your understanding and patience. 

-Kirk

Userlevel 2

Hello again everyone!

I come bearing good news! Advanced search is now available for all business plan accounts. In the unlikely event that you have any trouble accessing the feature, let me know and we will get it sorted. 

One big, final thank you to all of you for rolling with the punches with me on this one. Should you ever have any feedback, questions or concerns about search please don't hesitate to reach out. Lots more great stuff to come for Miro Search!

-Kirk 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kirk Davis - Thanks for the speedy resolution - advanced search is now working in my Business Plan account 🙏

Now I am already wishing that, when I search for a term from my dashboard, and there is only one result in the board, when I open the board, I am zoomed to that result. Or, if there are multiple instances, they are all pre-selected. I will add these as a Wish List post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello again everyone!

I come bearing good news! Advanced search is now available for all business plan accounts. In the unlikely event that you have any trouble accessing the feature, let me know and we will get it sorted. 

One big, final thank you to all of you for rolling with the punches with me on this one. Should you ever have any feedback, questions or concerns about search please don't hesitate to reach out. Lots more great stuff to come for Miro Search!

-Kirk 

Thanks for these updates, Team! So excited for the Miro Community to have this updated feature!

Wow. That‘s unexpected and positive! Thank you for the open communication. And, yes - now it works and it makes a HUUUUGE difference in usability. The only small hick-up is that once you found a board and go to it, you have to re-type the search term to find the respective  item on the board. But knowing about this, you can simply Ctrl-C the search term in the first place and quickly find the item. 

Thank you - it is a real boost to Miro‘s usability!

Userlevel 3

Great!

I have uploaded a PDF in a board, and I was able to search for words inside the PDF.

But I was able to this only when already inside the board.

If I’m in the dashboard and search for a word inside this PDF, Miro leaves no results.

Am I missing something?

I’m Educational Plan.

Thank you.

@Manouska  and @Kirk Davis 

This news has made my day! A sincere thank you to the Miro team for addressing community feedback and finally extending this crucial feature to all paid plans. For smaller customers like myself, product usability is greatly enhanced by this simple change. Looking forward to what’s yet to come!