Easily involve teams in decision-making with our improved Voting

• 14 October 2021
  • 39 replies

Userlevel 4

Hello, Miro Community! We are excited to share that today we have launched a new and improved voting experience to help you easily involve teams in decision-making. 

With Miro’s improved voting app, we’ve made it easier and faster for meeting and workshop facilitators to get a sense of how the group feels about a variety of options.

• Quick and easy for facilitators as well as participants

• Customize the voting process by selecting specific objects to vote on 

• Voting results are visible within just a few seconds after the session ends

Visit the Help Center to learn more and use voting to make sure everyone has a voice.

Jennifer Yzelman 2 years ago

Hi community,

Before you go off to spend the holiday season with your loved ones, we wanted to share some good news about voting! :snowman:

We’ve been working hard on making improvements to the voting experience based on the feedback you provided like easier setup of selection of objects to vote on and more customization of your voting session.

As part of this ongoing effort, we’re excited that we’ve already released the following updates:

• Edit the session name once voting is done

• Give a maximum of 99 votes per participant

Stay tuned as we make further improvements to voting to help you better involve teams in decision making, including increasing the duration of your voting session to a maximum of 9 days and ability to save voting sessions for later.

We look forward to continuing working with you in 2022!

Happy holidays :christmas_tree::sparkles:

Jenny

View original

39 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi @Kevin Kinisky thank you for the input, that’s really valuable. We’re working on increasing the max duration of a voting session - which will be released early next year!

Thanks

Can we have the ability to set up a voting session in advance back please?

Userlevel 4

Hi @Roy Marriott this is something that the team currently is looking into.

Thank you for the input!

Have a great day

So, the Save to Vote Later feature has been gone for a year now.

Last update 7 mo ago: the team is looking into it”.

Using the vote feature without pre-set votes is just impossible for anything more serious than a playground session.

Any forecast, when we can get this feature back?

Userlevel 4

Hi @Gábor Péter Kertes 

Thank you for following on this and we appreciate your patience as our team looks into this. As of now we do not have any updates to share on timing but we will continue to share this feedback with our product team as they asses features on their product roadmap.

But please note that although saving votes using the voting app standalone on the board isn’t possible, you can set up & save voting sessions by using Smart Meetings. 

I have recorded a Loom video showing you how to do that: 

https://www.loom.com/share/5f13438cd0fb45a9af420f829a27af40

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

To add to @Jennifer Yzelman’s reply, a few notes re Smart Meetings

• As of this reply, Smart Meetings is still in beta;
  • it is not available on the Free or Starter plans;
  • and only the board owner/co-owner can use the feature.

Userlevel 4

Thank you for adding those notes @Robert Johnson 

Thank you, @Jennifer Yzelman for sharing the Smart Meetings workaround. Based on your tutorial it seems to cover our use case. And thanks, @Robert Johnson for the notes on availability, unfortunately, SSMM are not enabled for us. I’m not sure what plan we are on, but I doubt anything in Beta would be allowed by our corporate policies.

So, let’s wait some more, and keep our eyes on the release notes.

Userlevel 4

@Gábor Péter Kertes please reach out to me in private so that we can figure out if your company is eligible for the SM beta

@Jennifer Yzelman , What is the status of preparing voting in advance? It is now almost 1½ year ago you disabled the previously well-functioning voting. This is really holding back the user experience of Miro.

Userlevel 4

Hi @PaulSkarregaard 

Thank you for following up on this. 

Please note that although saving votes using the voting app standalone on the board isn’t possible, you can set up & save voting sessions by using Smart Meetings (see earlier messages above). 

Hi @PaulSkarregaard 

Please note that although saving votes using the voting app standalone on the board isn’t possible, you can set up & save voting sessions by using Smart Meetings (see earlier messages above). 

Ok, thanks - I didn’t recognize that you wouldn’t make the feature in the build-in functionality.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jennifer Yzelman - Feedback: Limiting saved voting sessions to Activities (formerly Smart Meetings) means:

1. Starter Plan subscribers cannot save a voting session as Activities are not available on that plan.
  2. A number of extra steps, including: Creating a frame (when a frame may not be needed/wanted on the board), adding the frame to the Activity, (finally) creating the voting session for saving.

Hi @PaulSkarregaard 

🚫 This is absolutely misleading and disappointing. I just upgraded to the costly business plan in order to be able to prepare several voting sessions for a workshop.

🚫 But as one can also see at the end of your video: “preparation” ends with just adjusting time and number of votes.

🚫 I am still forced to adjust voting area and voting elements DURING the presentation and live in the workshop, which interrupts the flow and seems highly unprofessional in front of my customers. 

❓Why was the perfectly well working solution disabled almost 2 years ago AND the semi-working solution moved to an even more expensive business plan? 

❓Also: Why do I have to grant users / visitors editing rights to my board in order for them to be able to vote? That makes no sense and makes using voting in many workshops impossible due to compliance issues.