Miroverse x Pip Decks Challenge: Workshop Toolkit

• 20 July 2022
  • 8 replies
Miroverse x Pip Decks Challenge: Workshop Toolkit
Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi Miro Community 😍 

Have you heard about Pip Decks? Pip Decks publishes card decks that contain everything you’d ever need to confidently lead your team 🙌

Their first deck Workshop Tactics is a curated list of the best agile and design-thinking workshop techniques to help consultants, managers, professors, designers, engineers, managers, and CEOs…. Because no one wants to run a bad meeting 🤓

They also have various Miro templates to accompany their decks. So we decided to collaborate and invite our amazing communities to co-create with us! 🎉🎊

🧐 What are the core techniques that are fundamental to facilitating a successful workshop? 

✍️ We invite you to create a template that includes the essentials to run a workshop:

• Make it fun and tidy, something that every facilitator wants to have easy access to

💡 For inspiration, see top Workshop Tactics cards Charles (founder of Pip Decks) can’t live without 

Challenge details

:calendar:  Timing

• Submission period: July 20- August 14

• Voting & judging: August 15- August 23

• Winners announced: August 24 

:ballot_box:  Voting & judging

• Judges' Choice will be awarded by our panel of expert judges. Submissions are judged on their ease of use, layout, and that special fun factor.

• People’s Choice award will be based on top likes under the comment here in the online community. Make sure to vote for your favourite template by 23 August ☝️

:gift:  Prizes

• Judges’ Choice - Workshop Tactics + Storyteller Tactics Bundle (Physical Deck + Digital + Vault), Cool Miro swag box + a chance to present your work at a Miroverse event

• People’s Choice - Workshop Tactics (Physical Deck + Digital + Vault) + a personal feedback session on your templates with the Miroverse team

• Winners will be featured on Miroverse and in a roundup Pip Decks Blog

How to Participate

:pencil:  To enter, please add a comment to this thread with the following details:

• Your full name

• Role and company

• Miro board embedded with your template (with view access)

• Instructions on how to use the template

• Optional: 1–3 minute video overview of your template

:warning:  Entry requirements

• Your template must be in English, and have been created and designed using Miro

• Your template must be newly created or not published on Miroverse earlier

• All information must belong to you, the board owner (We will reject all submissions containing copyright-protected content on board.)

• Your template must be submitted to Miroverse before the challenge deadline

• By participating in the challenge, you agree that your submission may be published and used for promotional activities by Miro

Judges

• Charles Burdett, Designer and Founder & CEO of Pip Decks

• Miro Knowledge Expert & Community star : @Rachel 

• Miroverse Team Judges: @Helena Brandist & @Mariam Danielian 

8 replies

If we use Pip Decks templates as a base but change it up, is that allowed? Or do we need to use other icons and things / start from scratch?

@Rachel @Helena Brandist @Mariam Danielian - any thoughts on the above? I’d hate to post something that was copyright/not allowed

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @ProsperousHeart that’s a good question 🙂 I’d leave this one to @Ece Kurtaraner (Pip Decks Community Manager)  😎

I link to all of the public pages for the cards I use, if that helps. Or I can remove the card images from the boards.

Hi @ProsperousHeart - you can totally use a Miro template from Pip Decks as a base 😊

Sorry about our late reply. 

cc @Helena Brandist 

Hi @ProsperousHeart - you can totally use a Miro template from Pip Decks as a base 😊

Sorry about our late reply. 

cc @Helena Brandist 

pip pip - hooray! 😍 Thank you @Ece Kurtaraner - I’ll give my template a last lookover and then submit. 🙏🏼

• Your full name:  Kassandra Keeton, the Prosperous Heart

• Role and company: software engineer @ public company, digital marketer & educator at Prosperous Heart, LLC

• Miro board embedded with your template (with view access)

• Instructions on how to use the template - see 5min walkthrough (basically use Navigation to go wherever you want to & follow the arrows … or choose your own adventure!)

• Optional: 1–3 minute video overview of your template (sorry it was 5min … do I need to redo?)

The different things should be linked, but I didn’t see it in the previews. I hope that part went through. 😥

Also @Ece Kurtaraner - if we won but already got the workshop/storyteller deck … Could we request to have a copy of the new ones? If not, totally fine. I can definitely gift this amazing tool to someone in need.