How Do You Miro? Retrospective Templates Challenge 🔮

How Do You Miro? Retrospective Templates Challenge 🔮

Show first post

37 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Retrospective in the Island of Golocans

1. Your full name - Clyde D’Souza
  2. Role and company - Software developer at Xero. Author of Mama, Tell Me a Story.
  3. Miro board embedded with your template (view access) - Retrospective in the Island of Golocans board
  4. Instructions on how to use the template - Details below.

Embedded board:

Instructions:

The Island of Golocans has four very unique characteristics. The West has an abundance of sweet fruits, green hills and plenty of trees for some shade during peak summer. Apparently, the North of this island has some hidden gold coins near a lighthouse. In this region, one might spot plenty of starfish, too. The East coast is notorious for invading pirates — not all of them make it through the rough seas, though. The few that make it have to then climb up very uncomfortable rocks and only then will they be able to enter this island. Finally, the South Island, which is also known as Golifish, is connected with a wooden bridge. This region is very popular with voyagers who often come here and leave notes in glass bottles for future readers. They often also leave items of significance, like a compass, for guiding their journey to this island. 

When performing a retrospective on the Island of Golocans, remember to cover all four directions:

• Sweet fruits! What went well during the last sprint? Add a post-it note with your thoughts and celebrate your wins.

• Hidden gold! Give your team a shout-out for the amazing work they've been putting in, the nuggets of information they provide, and for just being an awesome person to work with. 

• Pirates on the shore! This doesn't sound good, does it? Recall what didn't go well in the last sprint and write them down on each post-it note.

• Message in a bottle! Record action points for the future. If you've thought of actionable items you and your teammates could work on to ensure that things can be better in the next sprint, make a note of them. If you have general ideas that can be implemented in the next sprint, make a note of them, too! 

Have a pleasant time exploring this island!

This template and the instructions can also be found on Miroverse.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Chris Stone Those templateslook incredible, mate. All the best for the contest! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Chris Stone Hahaha I’m sure the judges will be impartial 🙂 Now I know who to go to for retro templates inspiration. I’ve never played DnD in my life but THAT one, I might just learn how to play/do the DnD retro!

Userlevel 3
Badge

The Ramadan Retro

• Your full name - Chris Stone 
  • Role and company - Enterprise Agile Coach - The Virtual Agile Coach
  • Miro board embedded with your template (view access) - Embedded above
  • Instructions on how to use the template - Included in the template

- Explore as a team through some of the principles and practices of Ramadan where you could reflect as a team, build new habits together or promote greater balance. Also challenge yourselves to see how you could be greater allies to our Muslim colleagues.

Userlevel 3
Badge

The Pride Retro

A brand new template as it’s Pride Month.

• Your full name - Chris Stone 
  • Role and company - Enterprise Agile Coach - The Virtual Agile Coach
  • Miro board embedded with your template (view access) - Embedded above
  • Instructions on how to use the template - Included in the template

- Explore through some of the underlying Pride themes where you could reflect as a team, the things you loved, the pride you have, as well as how you can enable each other to bring your whole selves to work.

Also challenge yourselves to see how you could be greater allies to our LGBTQ colleagues

Really fantastic work @Steven Sampson-Jones , Love it. Can’t wait to use it for my teams

Userlevel 3
Badge

A Formula 1 Retrospective Session

• Your full name - Dave Westgarth
  • Role and company - Digital PM, Civil Service
  • Miro board embedded with your template (view access) - Embedded below
    (Also has been submitted for approval via Miroverse)
  • Instructions on how to use the template - 
    Stage 1 Icebreaker - Attach an image of your dream car and explain to the team why you love it!
    Stage 2 Retro Themes - Travel around the board covering different themes and conversation topics to generate some debate and discussion among the team.
    Stage 3 Rate the Retro - Ratings from 1 (Waste of time) up to 5 (Productive and useful session)

Another sporty retro that will hopefully appeal to all of our motorsport/ car people! 😎🚙🚗

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_I-Sizfs=/

Hi here is our ‘Richer Retrospectives’ Miro board….

• Your full name: Laurence Wood
  • Role and company: Digital Leadership Coach with North Highland UK

Instructions on how to use the template:

This informal retro is fast to learn. It helps teams to discuss their challenges, assess their performance, and decide on an improvement they wish to focus on next. The orange universal cards help any team using any approach. Teams adopting Agile will value the green fusion cards. The pink cards are Agile-specific for more mature teams. Facilitators sometimes review the cards in advance and stack them so that players are not distracted by reading ahead. Putting the most pertinent cards at the top can help engage the team quickly.

• Gather together and read out the instructions:

• Take turns to read out a card. Discuss and decide which heading to put it under. There are no right answers - rich conversations and focussed improvements are key. You don’t need to play all the cards in your first session.

• Reserve the last 10 minutes to decide as a team which is the most interesting item - the one that you all want to focus on improving next. Some teams use the dots to vote. Highlight it using the Focus target icon. Consider adding stickies showing owner, task etc.

• Discuss how you all hope this card will move across the board as you improve. Ensure that you can measure success. Consider writing a clear goal together. Agree when you will next reassess the focus item to see if you have improved. Repeat the activity above soon - you will accelerate and evolve how you use it in your context. Tweet ideas or questions to @AgileLozenge

@Laurence Wood, good morning. 
Where can I get other examples of cards?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Chris Stone Those templateslook incredible, mate. All the best for the contest! 

I’ve created some 46 retro templates so far I believe, all available in Miro.

This competition could become the Chris Stone show if I’m not careful.. haha

@Steven Sampson-Jones Love this… your drawing skills put me to shame. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

The 4-Step Retrospective

1. Your full name - Clyde D’Souza
  2. Role and company - Software developer at Xero. Author of Mama, Tell Me a Story.
  3. Miro board embedded with your template (view access) - The 4-Step Retrospective board
  4. Instructions on how to use the template - Details below.

Embedded board:

Instructions:

The 4-step retrospective board is intended to quickly add a simple retrospective template for your retro sessions. This covers the following four areas:

• Let's appreciate others - Recognize your teammates for their fabulous work they've been putting in.

• What went well? - Reflect and celebrate the various aspects that went well during the last sprint.

• What can we do better? - Reflect on the things that didn't go so well and write down what would have been done better in that situation.

• Actions for next sprint - Record actionable items that you and your teammates could do for the next sprint.

This template and the instructions can also be found on Miroverse.

Crystal Watson, Scrum Master, UMB

Let the team put post-its on what they think were a nightmare, was Stranger than Fiction, What was an unexpected twist.  It is up to the team member to determine if good or bad.  We then discussed and determined what we could improve.