Possible presentation mode with movement via frames in frame mode

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Experienced Community Member
  • 743 replies

Hello,

if you are in frame mode and the frames are not so close together then you can get a nearly prezi-like presentation.

I haven’t got set frames into details of pictures but with doing this the effects could be even better than in my result.

Michael

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mlanders -

This is a very cool use of the presentation capability - pretty much like those old “flip book” animations of days gone by! 

Kiron

Userlevel 2

I use this kind of “flowing” presentation more than the frame per frame “hard” switch. The visible grey frames and the titles keep disturbing me though. I delete the frame titles so it’s a little bit better, but then you loose the overview in the frames menu. My workaround is to use hyperlinks to jump from one place to another.

So being able to choose the frame color and opacity would be great.

I did this recently as a “thank you” to a group at the end of a couple days working together in + out of Miro. I highlighted the week, “flipping” through the frames I made using frames menu + space bar, while playing a celebratory music track in the background. Even though my timing was a little off and I could’ve used another hand (or better coordination abilities) to fade out the music, the group enjoyed it!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’d like to be able to:

• control the speed of movement between frames.
  • Have it follow the path of the line drawn between frames. 

I like the movement between frames while skipping from one frame to another, but it disappears when switching to fullscreen mode. Is there some workaround?

I like the movement between frames while skipping from one frame to another, but it disappears when switching to fullscreen mode. Is there some workaround?

I have exactly the same question.

I have exactly the same question.

And now I have the answer as well. Using Chrome, you can enter full-screen from the browser View menu, and turn off “Always show toolbars in fullscreen mode”, and you are good to go.

Hi All, I loved this presentation mode but it seems it has been updated I can’t do it anymore. Is somebody know if we can bring this feature back ?

Thanks a lot.

Mickael

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi All, I loved this presentation mode but it seems it has been updated I can’t do it anymore. Is somebody know if we can bring this feature back ?

Thanks a lot.

Mickael

@Mickaël Castell - Presentation Mode now has a dedicated “Present” button at the top-right, near the Share button:

And it looks like Miro just updated this new presentation mode to allow for a dark background again when presenting frames:

They either removed it or made it exclusive to upgraded users. I hope they did not remove it, it’s part of what gave miro an advantage over other apps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Yacine - Interactive Presentation Mode is available on all plans. However, it is not available to Visitors. You would know if you are a Visitor on a board as you will not have the Share button at the top right. 

What ootions/buttons do you see at the top-right corner of the board that you cannot present from? Can you share a screenshot?

For example, this person is a Visitor editor on the board, therefore they do not have the Present or Share button:

However, on my boards, I do:

Thanks a lot.

Mickael

@Mickaël Castell - Presentation Mode now has a dedicated “Present” button at the top-right, near the Share button:

And it looks like Miro just updated this new presentation mode to allow for a dark background again when presenting frames:

Hi Robert Johnson , 

Thank you for your answer. I did seen this changes and played around it yesterday but that was not my question…

The fact is that now, in a frame by frame présentation, transitions look like a PDF présentation. I loved the fact that before this update the transition on miro happened like a camera moving toward the next frame zooming in and out. It made the presentation so dynamic ! Is this feature gone ? 

Thanks again.

Mickael

Hey everyone - This changed unfortunately occurred as I turned up to a customer meeting which frankly ruined the experience.

Do we know how to change it back to the original “flow” between frames in presentation mode as oppose to the slide switch?

Thanks

Hi @Will Clark @Mickaël Castell @Robert Johnson,

I have also had this issue - in the last 2-3 days Miro has changed transitions between frames from a flow type (where you see the movement across the board as you change frames) to static (where there is no movement and it is just direct frame to frame which takes away from the whole point of the Miro experience). The only work around I have found is the linking frames to other frames which does allow for this visual movement but it definitely is not as accessible. 

Is there any other solution to this?

Thanks, 

Caitlin

@Yacine - Interactive Presentation Mode is available on all plans. However, it is not available to Visitors. You would know if you are a Visitor on a board as you will not have the Share button at the top right. 

What ootions/buttons do you see at the top-right corner of the board that you cannot present from? Can you share a screenshot?

For example, this person is a Visitor editor on the board, therefore they do not have the Present or Share button:

However, on my boards, I do:

It’s my board, I’m not a visitor. The flow like presentation style where the screen would slide from one frame to the next is no longer the default presentation mode. Now the presentation is like that of powerpoint, a classic slide show.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Joe McLean - Was the removal of the transition animation while in Frames/Activities presentation mode part of the “test build” you were referring to in this post?

As @Will Clark, @Caitlin Thompson, and @Mickaël Castell have commented (myself included), we prefer the animation/flow experience when moving between frames, similar to when moving between frames from the “Frame” tab on the sidebar:

I confirmed that my Reduce motion preference was turned disabled. If the frames transition has been changed, then please

1. bring back the animation
  2. add a toggle in presentation mode (similar to the new Dark background toggle) so users can choose to have an animation or not,
  3. and make the toggle’s default state to be ON/animation.

As @Will Clark points out, making these changes can be embarrassing to us while using Miro with customers.

It will be good to know if this feature is coming back or not. I have a project nearing completion and if this feature is gone, I will recreate on another platform. 
Thank you

It will be good to know if this feature is coming back or not. I have a project nearing completion and if this feature is gone, I will recreate on another platform. 
Thank you

Every student has a presentation in either june or july. Worst timing to remove this feature.

Thank you

I have the same problem. Please bring back the smooth transition between slides MIRO !!!

Asap please; I have a presentation tomorrow on miro and without the smooth transitions it’s half as good.

Userlevel 4

Hi everyone! 

Thank you all for your prompt feedback, we have actually brought back the animated transitions for presentation mode! The temporary change in experience was due to the new release of the dark background effect, and we deeply apologize for that 🙏

Just to clarify the design intent for presentation mode in its new form: 

• When dark background is toggled on, there will be no animated transitions because that mode is for the many users who want to have a focused slideshow presentation experience.
  • When dark background is toggled off, by default the animated transition will be applied to provide better spatial context, which is a value benefit that many of us love about presenting in Miro. 
  • However we also understand that some people prefer no dark background but also don’t want motion transitions, so as an accessibility feature, they can toggle on “Reduce motion” for that. 

Hope that clears up the confusion, and thank you so much for your patience and understanding. 🙇

FYI @Yacine @khapham @Robert Johnson @Manpreet Singh @Will Clark @Caitlin Thompson@Mickaël Castell 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sophia Chia - Thanks to you and team for listening to the feedback and bringing this back so quickly!

Hey Robert! Sorry I missed this, haven’t been on the community in a few days. Like Sophia said - thanks for the feedback! Please let us know if you have any other thoughts or feedback on these changes or presentation mode in general.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hey Robert! Sorry I missed this, haven’t been on the community in a few days. Like Sophia said - thanks for the feedback! Please let us know if you have any other thoughts or feedback on these changes or presentation mode in general.

@Joe McLean - Some other feedback I have (and that I shared with Kate I. via Slack) is that the frames navigation is currently inconsistent between the Frames and Activities tabs.’

When navigating from the Frames tab, the selected frame is centered in the visible board area, i.e., minus the sidebar. But when on the Activities tab, the frame is centered based upon the users browser window size. Here it is in action:

The board to try it yourself - you can also duplicate the board if you need to:

https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVMDFD9bc=/

Hi @Debruyne Adriaan,

Your hyperlink tips is really useful.

I had the same problem with the grey outlines when items are locked. Locking them allows me to quickly and precisely zoom into different elements on the board with dynamics transitions with just a double-click. But then people can see the grey outline. Did you find a solution for this?

PS. for anyone else reading this, please see attached picture to see what I mean by the grey outline.

Thanks!