Has anyone tried Planning Poker in Miro?

Userlevel 3
Badge

If you are not familiar, Planning Poker lets your development team choose from a range of options (usually numbers that indicate complexity) and then at the end of the voting, those numbers are revealed and the discussion starts.

The voting plugin in Miro is very basic, since it only gives a general count of all votes but we all need to know who voted what number to better discuss.

Any thoughts on how to do this on Miro? Maybe there’s something I’m missing.

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Måns Klevar -

Did you open a support ticket for this info request? 

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale Yes our IT support has sent in a request to Miro support about more information on this specific app. 

Måns 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marina - is there any way you can look into the delay in an answer from support for this request from @Måns Klevar?

Thanks!

Kiron

Userlevel 4

While the planning poker app was interesting to use at first, it appears there hasn’t been any updates to it. Wonder if the vendor is making any updates to improve it any time soon.

Hi everybody, my first time in the community today. I would like to know whether there is a bug with the playing of the cards. Once I pick the card, I can’t release the card with my mouse. no right, no left click enables me to put the card in a table for example.

Any idea about the reason? By the way: I am the owner of the board.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Stefan Gertz -

I just did a quick test and it is working fine for me. I click on the card I want and drag it over to where I want it to be on the board. I’m using a Windows 10 laptop with Google Chrome.

Can you try it via an incognito browser or the Miro desktop app to see if it is related to your access method? Can you also check the navigation settings and confirm that Miro is picking the right mode (e.g. mouse, trackpad, touchscreen) for your situation?

Kiron

Thanks a lot @Kiron Bondale . You are right, with Google Chrome it’s functional (not with Firefox).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Stefan Gertz -

I checked the app’s info page and there’s no support contact details provided so I’d suggest opening a ticket with Miro support instead and indicating the issue seems to be with Firefox: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron