Use a card as a node in a mind map

Related products: Mapping & Diagramming Cards

I’m trying to build opportunity solution trees in Miro and none of the solutions I have found so far are great.

The mind map feature looks great for creating the structure. The problem is, individual mind map nodes are very limited in the options of their formatting and content.

I would love to describe individual opportunities as Cards, so we can provide more detailed descriptions, attach links or even files, connect them with research insights, assign them to people or tag them. And Yeah, we could use connection arrows to build an opportunity solution tree with them anyway, but once the tree gets bigger, it becomes a huge pain to reorganize and edit the tree.

If mind maps could be built with Cards as nodes, it would solve… well, maybe not all my life’s problems, but a lot of work-related issues :)

@MatejZel - I can see many uses for this too! I couldn’t find an existing Wish List idea post for your idea, so I have moved your post to the Wish List forum. You can read more about posting ideas here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

Since it’s related to cards/mind maps, I will share a link to user-created custom app called Cardsy that will duplicate sticky notes, shapes, text, and mind map nodes into cards. The use case is: You generated ideas in a mind map, but now want to work one of those nodes as a Card. Currently, there is no native way in Miro to convert a mind map node into any object, so this app fills that gap:

https://community.miro.com/inspiration-and-connection-67/cardsy-create-cards-in-bulk-from-selected-widgets-on-the-board-679

Hi Robert, thanks, I actually some of your older posts dealing with similar topics 🙂 I tried Cardsy, unfortunately it doesn’t really do the job in my case. Also thanks for sharing the correct way to share ideas, I actually thought I was doing it right, but I guess I was in the wrong forum :)