Revert a board points internal url links point to new board objects

Related products: Export Boards

When you revert a board, have any internal links remain internal links on the new board.

Scenario:

1. Open history
  2. Select an old version
  3. Restore that version as a copy
  4. Any links to internal miro urls open the original board instead of the equivalent item on the new board

Desired behavior

1. URLs are updated to the equivalent element copies on the new board.

@Anthony Crain - To clarify for all readers, you can already create links that remain relative to the objects on the new/duplicated/restored board, you can use the Link to feature:

Whereas the Insert link option is reserved for absolute linking, e.g., you always want to link to a specific Miro board:

This is noted in the Internal and external linking help center article:

However, I can see use cases where one would like to have an inline link to an object on a board, vs. the little blue “Link to” arrow, e.g.:

So, perhaps your idea is something link: “Option text link that remains relative to the board”?

Hi @Robert Johnson:

I had both types of links on my board. Link To and Inline. Both types went to the original board instead of the reverted board.

I had to fix all of the links. The Link To little blue arrow type as well as my inline ones.

So in this screenshot, both the little blue arrow links and the inline links all went back to the original board not my newly restored board. I had to repair them all.