Keyboard shorcuts for 'evertything' (Stream Deck)

Related products: Shortcuts / Controls

I’m a big fan of Miro especially because of the ease of use and the speed with which results can be achieved. To work as quickly as possible I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts. Because there is only so much that a person can remember and do with one hand I didn’t really require more shortcuts than are available at the moment.

But… For an increase in productivity and also some fun I recently purchased a Stream Deck. This is basically a keyboard with 15 keys that change function based on the context. For instance if I’m in Teams I can mute the mic, toggle video and blur the background. When I’m in Miro the keys can be programmed to add a note, text and even (un)lock objects.

All of this is based on the keyboard shortcuts the application provides.

So now you must have an idea of what I’m going to ask. I would like a keyboard shortcut to the most used features.

For example:

If I’m working on a flowchart I would like to have a Miro Flowchart page with a buttons (shortcut) for the most commonly used shapes. And if I’m looking for an icon then I want to open the IconFinder. Etc, etc, etc…

I only need this to work in the desktop app because of the way the Stream Deck determines the context.

Because of al the options that would need a shortcut I can imagine that you want to use combination like this:

S (Shapes) + 1 (first shape) = S1 (square)

S (Shapes) + 3 (third shape) = S3 (oval)

A (Apps) + 3 (third app) = A3 (Iconfinder)

You could add a delay to determine if the first char is followed by a second or not. To prevent an unnecessary delay if you aren’t going to use the Advanced Keyboard Shortcuts, it should be an opt-in feature.

Easy right :)

I really hope you can boost my productivity using Miro and a Stream Deck (or other marco keyboard for that matter)!

would be cool

I agree, stream deck is a game changer as a presenter, so important. I almost wish I had bought a larger stream deck these days!

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment about this feature. We understand the frustration and appreciate your patience. Our team is reviewing this idea as it continues to be open for votes and comments.

For those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request!

Thank you,

Miro Community Team