Feature Request: Stateful Components for Enhanced Mockup Flexibility

Related products: Frames

I'm reaching out to propose an enhancement to the Miro platform that I believe would significantly improve the workflow for users who, like myself, rely on Miro for creating software mockups. Currently, Miro supports components within wireframes, but these components can’t be created by myself or be edited. My suggestion is to introduce a feature that allows users to create custom components with multiple states.

For instance, a single component could toggle between a text input field and a button, or a multiline text area, all based on the state it's set to. It would be nice if I can choose if my text will change in all states or will stay the same. Furthermore, each state could optionally include a red asterisk to denote required fields.

This concept of stateful components is something I've greatly appreciated in Adobe XD, where it streamlines the design process by allowing for more dynamic and versatile mockups. Implementing a similar feature in Miro would not only enhance the mockup creation experience but also allow for the use of templates that adapt more fluidly to the user's needs, making the design process more efficient and versatile.

Hi @SRistau! Thanks so much for taking the time to submit this idea. Our team has reviewed this and it’s open for votes and comments. 

For those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request!

Thank you again for helping make Miro better!

Miro Community Team