Dedicated section for Speaker/Facilitator Notes

Related products: Presentation

I’d like a dedicated section for Speaker Notes so when I give a presentation I have a quick reference for my script that I can read while I’m presenting, that is not visible to folks who are watching my presentation.

This idea was spawned from the Product Development session this morning. 

Within the ‘Present’ feature there are several ways to use it, but I noticed there isn’t a dedicated separate area to keep things like Presenter Notes. Are there any plans to include a feature like that in the future as more folks use Miro for their presentations?

I 100% agree! It would be so convenient to have this. The visual notes that are currently available do not provide a sufficient workaround for this. Vote for this!

@Erin_ this appears to be available via the latest notes from the MIRO Change log: https://miro.com/changelog/

@Kevin Kinisky - Nice find! I am also seeing mention of this in the Interactive Presentation Mode help center article: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/8512850754962#h_01HMVE6QNTQEQ6AS7J46M3X6YH

However, I am not finding this feature on any of my accounts/teams.

@Sophia Chia - Are you able to speak to the availability of the Presenter Notes feature?

Presenter notes

Add presenter notes to your frames for a more organized presentation. Presenter notes will appear in a separate window that's only visible to you. Utilize these private cues and reminders to deliver a smooth and confident presentation as you navigate through your slides.

There are two ways to access your Presenter notes: 

1. Access presenter notes from the board. 

In the bottom left corner of the board, click the Open frames icon. Next to the Present button, click the three dots (...) and select Presenter notes.

Open-presenter-notes-from-board.pngOpening presenter notes from the board

1. Access presenter notes while in presentation mode.

In the presentation toolbar on the bottom of your screen, click the Preferences icon, and select Presenter notes.  

Open-presenter-notes-in-presentation-mode.pngOpening presenter notes while in presentation mode

Hi @Robert Johnson and @Kevin Kinisky :) 

Sorry there has been a slight delay in Presenter notes release, but it should be there now!  

That’s fantastic! I had the same issue as @Robert Johnson earlier, but I just saw that the feature is up and running now. Thanks, @Sophia Chia  Chia! Quick follow-up question (apologies if it’s been asked before): What's the difference between the presenter note and the general note feature at the top?

Hey @Moby ! 

The Notes feature is is a general text editor used for many different purposes: 

You might use it as a to-do list, meeting agenda, or board summary to go with the board. 

The Presenter Notes is designed for the specific case of when you are presenting the board to someone, and you don’t want other people to see your notes, then you can use Presenter notes because it allows you to populate text in a separate window, which you can hide from your audience on a different screen. :) 

The other thing to note about Presenter Notes is that it is tied to your frames on the board. So when you hit presentation mode, you can see the notes by each presented frame. 

Hope that helps, and please let me know if you need any further clarification! 

Here is also the help center article for Presenter Notes: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/8512850754962-Interactive-Presentation-Mode#h_01HMVE6QNTQEQ6AS7J46M3X6YH

Thanks for the detailed explanation, @Sophia Chia . So, am I right in understanding that the Notes feature can't be hidden from my audience, and only the Presenter Note has that capability? Really appreciate your help and patience here

Thanks for the detailed explanation, @Sophia Chia . So, am I right in understanding that the Notes feature can't be hidden from my audience, and only the Presenter Note has that capability? Really appreciate your help and patience here

From my testing, the Visual Notes panel is visible to anyone with access to the board (team members, guests, and visitors), while the presenter notes are available to all team members and any guests. 

In short,  neither notes panels are private/board owner only. 

More on the different roles in Miro here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/7045408248594

OpenDelivered

sorry, what’s Open → Delivered. not sure if I missed out on anything here 😅

sorry, what’s Open → Delivered. not sure if I missed out on anything here 😅

This wish list idea, i.e., feature request has been delivered. 

Thanks for taking the time to submit this idea @Erin_! We’ve made some updates to Workshop & Presentation features that I think you might find helpful here and can’t wait to share more with you soon!

To learn more about this feature and all other Miro product updates, join us on March 13 or 14, for our What’s New Product Webinar. You’ll hear directly from our Product Marketing team about how you can use these features to just make work, flow!

Hope to see you all there too @Kevin Kinisky @Thomas Morel @bapehoodie34567 @Moby  ✨