Plugin for sync'ing widget duplicates just launched - CarbonCopy v2

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Have you ever wanted to syncronise your Miro widgets so the text, colour or tags remain in sync across your Miro board? Yes? Great, then you take a look at CarbonCopy on the miro marketplace.

This version builds on the learnings from the previous version of CarbonCopy.

1. I have isolated the functionality of CarbonCopy from miro’s features. It means a small lag using miro features is removed.
  2. CarbonCopy is more closely aligned to miro’s guidelines on apps. Less cost of change for me when miro changes their api in the future.
  3. Feedback is integrated inside the app. You can send a message from inside the plugin with your ideas for improvements or bugs you are experiencing.

Fancy new feature:

It’s now possible to isolate sync’ing at a widget property level. That means you can sync everything on a widget (such as colour and tags) whilst excluding the text which can be unique on each widget. 

1. This video gives you a demo on the basics of this feature on a Note widget.
  2. Another video explains nice stuff you can do with Shapes.

cc @Ramkumar

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

That’s awesome, thanks @Markus Smet 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Worth mentioning you can sync hyperlinks across your widgets

So you can have a widget A with a hyperlink to widget B, then sync widget A and every instance of the sync’ed widget A points at widget B. I can imagine that’s handy for navigation and it enables DRY work because you can centralise work (UI design, research, a template) in one place and the sync’ed ‘widget A’ can point to that centralised work from any number of locations elsewhere on the board.

Tell me if it inspires other ideas.

@Markus Smet Hey there, I really love CarbonCopy—I’m pretty new to Miro, but thus far it’s my favorite feature. 

That is until, after hours of constructing an interconnected web of stuff, I return to the beginning of the work to check things over only to find that an item that I’d synced, duplicated, and placed elsewhere is no longer synced. 

Is there a limit to the number of synchronizations there can be on a board? If so, it would have been really great to see that noted somewhere. If there is no limit, what might I be doing wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Alex 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I’m sorry to hear this Alex, apologies for the lost work as well.

Let me look into it, it seems to happen periodically. However, when we test it this issue doesn’t occur so it’s rather hard to uncover what’s going wrong.

A slippery bug.

Badge

Carbon-Copy litterally >dissapeared< since I tried to gain access to it via my company two days ago. 

Link Not Found | Miro Apps Marketplace is gone. And so are my hopes to make my boss happy with a much needed solution that Carbon-Copy provides. Any similar solutions out there? 

I need to make copies of objects in Miro that stay identical to their original when either of them is edited.

Thx and have a nice day out there.

Carbon-Copy litterally >dissapeared< since I tried to gain access to it via my company two days ago. 

Link Not Found | Miro Apps Marketplace is gone. And so are my hopes to make my boss happy with a much needed solution that Carbon-Copy provides. Any similar solutions out there? 

I need to make copies of objects in Miro that stay identical to their original when either of them is edited.

Thx and have a nice day out there.

Hi, I am missing this great tool too! This has been missing for a couple of days now.
Since so far I have not found a similar application, I really hope it's just a Miro glitch.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @Sebastian Elkjær , @cdp-aw - the Carbon Copy app was retired at the request of the developer. We’ll be collating a list of “active users” for the app and sending out comms to notify them.

Cheers,

Chris

Badge

@Chris Parker is there anything else like this tool that exists/is available? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I don’t believe there is any alternative for carbon copy for the moment. It might be a good app idea as it seems quite a few users will be interested by this.

You can add you request to our community wishlist.

I don’t believe there is any alternative for carbon copy for the moment. It might be a good app idea as it seems quite a few users will be interested by this.

You can add you request to our community wishlist.

Please vote: here the post on the Wishlist
https://community.miro.com/ideas/synchronized-cards-between-associated-boards-4746