Miro REST API endpoint does not return all card data

• 14 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Hello all!

I’m playing around with Miro’s API and I encountered one issue that may be a bug (or not, fingers crossed :)). I created a board on which I placed a couple of cards. Each card has a title, me assigned to it and due dates set.

I query the https://api.miro.com/v2/boards/{board_id}/cards/{item_id} endpoint but it does not seem to return the full data on specified cards. Within the data field I get the assigneeId, description and title properties but dueDate is always missing. So essentially from this:

I get that:

Is someone familiar with the issue? I may be missing something here. 🤔

Cheers!
Wiktor

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @Wiktor Zurawik,

Thanks for raising this! This looks like a bug to me. I believe dueDate should be returned in the API response — I will reach out to our Engineering team to confirm and let you know as soon as I hear back!

Best,
Will

Badge +1

Hi @Will Bishop 

Any updates on the topic? 

Cheers
Wiktor

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @Wiktor Zurawik,

Thanks for following up on this, and apologies for the delay. I’ve just circled back with our Engineering team on this issue to get a status update. I hope to have an update to share with you shortly!

Thanks, and I’ll be in touch!
Will

To elaborate on this topic: not only dueDate is missing — I cannot get status either 😢

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Wiktor Zurawik @zlt ,

The `dueDate` should now be returned as expected. Note, however, that startDate is not [yet] supported. If you only set `startDate`, it won’t be returned in the API response. Setting dueDate should now appear as expected however.

@zlt regarding `status`, I’m afraid this field isn’t supported via the API currently. We’re working on adding support for more items that are available in the UI, however, so stay tuned 🙏

Badge

@Will Bishop 
i cant find “status” in rest api

please show some examples 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Martiros Martiros,

Unfortunately `status` field isn’t supported in the REST API yet, but I hear you on the need for it. We hope to support it in the future.

Badge +1

@Will Bishop is it possible to support a richer set of JIRA fields? Like, anything that is visible to a person in the UI should be available by the API, please? 
I’m in particular looking for the Status (as above), but also the issueKey, issueType, and a custom “Business Priority” field.