Migrating to the "Developer Platform 2.0"

• 23 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I was sent an email that states “Since you have one or more apps on the v1 Developer Platform, we encourage you to migrate your app as soon as possible” but as far as I know I am not using any v1 API (except https://api.miro.com/v1/oauth-token) so I do not understand what is meant.

I do not use any SDK, just raw API calls.  The documentation is not at all clear so I’d appreciate any clarification on how I can determine if I do still have anything on the v1 platform.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Steven Meyer - From an earlier post this morning:

You don't need to do anything. And don't worry, you are not alone if you were confused by this communication. Here are a few responses to similar questions in Miro's Developer Platform's Discord server:

Badge

Hello, I was also sent this email

You have received this email because you are currently the Administrator of an organization where a v1 application has been utilized in the last 90 days.

Below is a report of the impacted v1 application(s) your organization has used in the last 90 days:

With app name of Atlassian Links
We do use Atlassian but not exactly sure what I am suppose to be doing with this

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Melissa Jaftha,

Apologies for the confusion, unless you are an app developer and created a custom app with our APIs or SDK, no action is needed from you. If you rely heavily on a particular app or integration that was mentioned in the email you received, you can reach out to the creator of the app directly with any questions.

Badge

Hi

I received the same email, but must be honest, I am not sure if I use SDK or API. 

I don’t know what to do or if I need to do anything.

Kind regards

M

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Bob Butler, sorry for the confusion.

Since you are only using the v1 /oauth-token endpoint, you will not be affected as the OAuth2.0 endpoint, specifically, is not part of the required migration to V2. We will clarify this in future communications. No need to take any action on your end.

We’ve updated our migration guide to show this note at the top. 

Thank you for reaching out!