Label widgets via API

Userlevel 3
Badge

We try to add labels to widgets via the API (as you can do in Miro UI) but we fail to find out to do this via the REST API. Could you point to docu how to do this?

PS: Our use case is to set the labels during createWidget request.

17 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Ronny!

REST API and SDK for tags are work in progress.

It would be great to understand how exactly you’re going to use label after adding them, and this labeling data is going to come from.

Userlevel 3
Badge

> It would be great to understand how exactly you’re going to use label after adding them, and this labeling data is going to come from.

Sure - we want to pre-populate the canvas with stickers based on data from our system (so users don’t have to manually copy & paste data). We have this data categorized and want to represent this as stickers.

After users did their work in Miro, we need to bring some of the stickers back into our system (so they can be used in the further parts of the process). Our idea was to use labels on stickers to identify the ones that need to be imported back.

Userlevel 3
Badge

To add: The get-widgets endpoint (https://developers.miro.com/reference#get-board-widget) doesn’t seem to support labels either. That would be of course also relevant for our use case :)

Hi Ronny!

REST API and SDK for tags are work in progress.

It would be great to understand how exactly you’re going to use label after adding them, and this labeling data is going to come from.

Hi Boris.

Any estimation for delivering the tags REST API ?

It seems that many people will benefit from having a way to create, write and read tags on stickers. I’m one of them.

Cheers

Would love to hear about integration of this feature, too. Highly needed to make Miro integrated into others systems.

Tx

please make this feature soon. I need to use with my team in the planning process.

We have similar use cases would also love to profit from that Rest API extension!

Would love to see this as well to avoid having to use custom extension data

Hi folks. I just want to read labels if I get `stickers`.

response like

```

{

“type”: “sticker”, “y”: 562.7112587233933, “x”: 1263.817342556693, …,

“labels”: [{“text”: “labelA”,...}, {“text”: “labelB”,...}]

}

```

will be very helpful

Same here...we would like to be able to use labels to differentiate object types.

We are building production dashboards on Miro and would need API to support the label (tags) setup and read.

BR Tomas 

Userlevel 1

Another request for label/tag support via the API. I’m trying to build a system for a client that would allow them to make a rough layout with temp data in sticky notes, and then update those notes with complete data from an Airtable database. At the moment I’m relying on the ability to read the sticky text to identify each sticky, but having a label/tag would be a LOT easier!

Userlevel 1

@Boris Borodyansky Can you give an estimate on when you plan to deliver the label/tag support via the API?

+1 on that one too ! We’re trying to create a board generated by script, populated automatically from our assets creation system. Labels would be super useful to classify all those assets.

Userlevel 1

Concerns me that we’re not getting a response from Miro.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi all,

Managing tags is part of our backlog, I have raised your request to our Product Managers to increase the priority of this item. We will come back to you when this is scheduled in our sprint.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi folks,

We are currently working on the Widget Tag REST API. The team has been working on a first design and we are looking for community members interested in taking a look at it to provide feedback. The goal is to make sure the API meets your needs.

Please reach out by private message if you are interested in taking part in this review.

@ronny @EAH @Jan @sarias @Stefan Meissner @SimonSabin @Jan Seidl @Ethan Brown @Tomas Westerholm @Justin Barrett @Pieter Kruithof @Guillaume Jobst