Installing a web plugin app does not work

• 21 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi!

I am trying to install a plugin for a Team as described in https://developers.miro.com/docs/share_your_app_wp, I reach the selection page, i click on install, i get redirected to the expected html page, but the plugin does not show up. It used to do that, when i first did that several weeks ago. What am i doing wrong? Any clues?

Thanks

Falk

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Falk Kühnel, thank you for reporting the issue! 

I’ve passed it to our Platform team to investigate it further, rest assured I will keep you posted on the updates. 

Please bear with us and stay tuned :slight_smile:

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Falk Kühnel,

Do you have the link to the plugin you are trying to install so we can try to reproduce it? Is it a plugin you developed yourself? 

Regards,

Anthony

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @Marta and @Anthony Roux !

When we use an OAuth call from the sever with the secret, it works, but for just webplugins i remember, that it worked with a javascript call from the success page. is my assumption correct, that that was working?

I currently changed the plugin to use the server oauth call, and it works.

regards,

Falk 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Falk Kühnel, we you say “just for the webplugins”, do you mean the Web-plugin Authorization flow as compared to the one for REST API?

Could you share the previous piece of code you had that stopped working? So we can take a look and tell you what happens behind the scene.

Cheers,

Anthony 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Sorry for the late reply!

I was under the assumption, that if I do not need the OAuth Tokens for server connections, the same Authentication method used for single user Authentication in the browser would work for installing the plugin aswell. It seems, it does not, and i must have installed it through the pluginpage all the other times. So now we use a script, that just calls back your OAuth Api and forget about the returned tokens. That works fine.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, although it would be more convenient, if the Plugin installation could use the same OAuth acceptance as is used for the webplugins.

Thanks

Falk