getWidgetMenu loses default icons

Hello,

I am trying to add a custom icon to the menu for a given widget, this is the code for doing so:

function jiraCard() {

miro.board.ui.openModal('modal.html',{ width: 400, height: 600 }).then(() => {

miro.showNotification("modal closed");

});

}

miro.onReady(() => {

miro.initialize({

extensionPoints:{

getWidgetMenuItems: (widgets) => {

return{

tooltip: 'Estimate',

svgIcon: '<circle cx="12" cy="12" r="9" fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd" stroke="currentColor"       stroke-width="2"/>',

onClick: async (widgets) => {

jiraCard()

}

}

}

}

})

})

The problem is that this code makes all the default widgets disappear, so that the only button the menu is the custom widget that I am defining. Is there anyway to prevent this problem?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Manav Bhatia,

Thanks for reaching out!

You are almost there! As getWidgetMenuItems returns a Promise you need to add the await keyword before calling the jiraCard() function:

miro.onReady(() => {
miro.initialize({
extensionPoints: {
return {
svgIcon: '<circle cx="12" cy="12" r="9" fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd" stroke="currentColor" stroke-width="2"/>',
await jiraCard()
}
}
}
}
})
})

That should solve your issue,

Anthony

Hi @Anthony Roux,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, even when I use the code that you suggest, I still have the same issue. It seems like the widgets parameter is not being used much. Is there any way I should be using it to get the remaining menu icons?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

If your issue persists after adding the await it might be linked to what you have in modal.html. Could you please share what you are building in that modal view? I tried on my side to build a simple modal with images and it works fine.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Can it be, that you have to return an array?

miro.onReady(() => {
miro.initialize({
extensionPoints: {
return [{ // <--
svgIcon: '<circle cx="12" cy="12" r="9" fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd" stroke="currentColor" stroke-width="2"/>',
await jiraCard()
}
}] // <--
}
}
})
})

Oh, and be aware, that getWidgetMenuItems is deprecated and will eventually disappear.