Fastest way to update web sdk 1.1 app to 2.0

• 8 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hi everyone.

I need to update miro web sdk 1.1 app to 2.0

I want to know how I can do this as soon as possible.

Please let me know your ideas.

Thank you

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Maxim Huryanov - I don’t currently have any of my own apps, but from a time when I did I recall the steps where to:

1. from your dashboard, click on your profile picture/avatar → Settings
  2. Your apps tab
  3. Open your app
  4. there should be a migrate/upgrade to SDK 2.0 action

Badge +2

Hi @Robert Johnson 

As you can see this picture the ‘Switch to SDK V2’ button is disabled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Maxim Huryanov - The way I am reading your screenshot is that you cannot upgrade your app on your own as it has been published to the Miro Marketplace - you must re-submit it. The reasoning behind this is most likely to avoid breaking apps that have been installed from the official Miro Marketplace.

Badge +2

@Robert Johnson 

So do I have to build another app use SDK v2 functions?

or If I re-submit it with switch to SDK v2, it changed automatically?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Maxim Huryanov - I am a volunteer moderator and do not work for Miro, nor have a had an app published before, so I cannot say what the process is.

From reading the screenshot above, it sounds like you just te-submit and mention that you are attempting to upgrade to 2.0 and I am guessing that Miro will do some validation that the apps works with 2.0. you could also just create a new app using the same code and see if works. 

Userlevel 5

Hi @Maxim Huryanov - We can work with you to help you migrate your app to V2 if you have a working version ready. 

@Chris Parker Would be the best person to talk with from Miro’s side to help you with this! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey all!

Firstly, thanks @Robert Johnson for chipping in here, you pretty much nailed it :) 

@Maxim Huryanov what you’ll need to do is submit a new version of your app, which works with v2 of the SDK, to us via this form. Let us know that’s your intention in the description of the form. We’ll do a review to ensure it works as expected and then we’ll do some migration work behind the scenes to ensure your existing customers aren’t affected. After that you should be good to go. 

Let me know if you have any more specific questions, feel free to message me directly as well. 

Cheers,

Chris