504 on app authorization

• 17 December 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I followed the steps here, and am trying to install the app to my dev board but getting a 504 timeout every time. I was able to solve an earlier auth issue with the trailing slash on the Redirect URI, but I’m stuck here. 

.env file is all updated too. Thank you for any guidance in advance!

Interstitial to install app

Dev app URLs

App settings

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey Tyler, 

As this is a 504/Auth-related issue, I’ve sent you a DM to obtain further info that will help us troubleshoot and resolve the problem. Please check your DM and let us know the details. 

Thanks and have a good one.

Your friendly developer advocate,

Mira

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @Tyler Sanborn,

Thanks for pointing this out — I’m able to reproduce this issue, so it’s nothing you’re doing wrong. I’m working with our team to identify where the issue is, and will let you know as soon as we have it resolved!

Thanks, and I’ll be in touch,
Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @Tyler Sanborn,

We were able to find the issue—thanks again for raising it. We’ve pushed an updated version of the repo to GH here:
https://github.com/miroapp/app-examples/tree/main/examples/node-stickies-csv 

You no longer need to use localtunnel in this version, and there are just 2 small tweaks we made in the package.json and app.js respectively. No action should be needed on your end, however. 

If you clone this new version, it should work for you now. But let me know how it goes!

Best,
Will

Badge +1

Fantastic - thanks! 

I was able to get to work as intended, but I did have to do a few things in addition to updates the package.json and app.js files.

There were updates to the guide here which were helpful. I made the changes to the .env file with the new /authorized URL, which I also made in the app settings. 

Looking forward to working more with this. Thanks again folks! 

Tyler

Badge +1

Could you make the CSV template available here (linked from text “(Template available here” open to the public or do you require request for file for sec purposes?

@Mira Balani @Will Bishop 

Badge +1

Thanks for the access @Will Bishop !

Badge

Hi Miro Team,

I’m also getting a 504 when trying to authorize SmartSheet.  I’m seeing it in the pop-up in the Miro board, and also at https://api.smartsheet.miro-apps.com/miro-authorize.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Amy

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Amy Lawson,

Thank you for raising this with us. Our Engineering team is looking into!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Amy Lawson,

This should be resolved now. Let us know if you’re still seeing any issues. Thanks!