Usage for support team

• 17 March 2020
  • 4 replies

I am new to miro and have been using it for cross globe collaboration. Is there a way to start using miro to manage handovers across regions when you are using it in support team?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @surbhi could you be more specific please?

From what I understand from your question, you can invite new users and edit permissions as needed to handoff specific boards. Geographic location shouldn’t be an issue.

Userlevel 4

Hi @surbhi :wave:

More than happy to share our best practices as an experienced distributed team, but agree with @Kyle.C — would be great to hear more specific pain-points to make sure it’s helpful :)

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks @Kyle.C and @Oleg K . What I am looking at is , is there anyone using the miro board to manage the handovers across regions/teams? If yes, it will be helpful to have a look at the same . Permissions wont be an issue, but I want to see the templates people use for same and how is it maintained and managed on daily basis?

Userlevel 4

@surbhi I believe it’s very dependable on your team setup. For instance, below is ours:

• We provide support only via email. The platform to handling the tickets is Zendesk
  • Our main communication platform is Slack. We have several channels where we can discuss particular cases, product updates, team news, etc
  • We have a weekly team meeting to discuss the news. We use Zoom for that
  • My team leads also run a regular bi-weekly 1-1s with their direct reports, same with Zoom

As you can see, I didn’t mention Miro yet :) We use our product for the following needs:

• Onboarding of newbies (a detailed 2-months journey)
  • Planning / OKR sessions
  • Running projects
  • Retrospectives
  • Brainstorming

It’s also useful to have Miro as a single source of truth with other teams. For instance, Marketing can send us a mockup of the new landing page in advance or we can track the product development progress in a ‘pulse’ board.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if I can cover any other questions / go in more details.