Steps to reproduce:

• Add Emoji
  • Copy and paste this emoji
  • Try to delete any of the emojis

Expected behaviour:

• Emoji will be deleted

Actual behaviour:

• Emoji wont be deleted and the following error will appear on the console:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'widgetType')
    at i (c~BoardUI.desktop~BoardUI.mobile~BoardUI.saveBoardFromIntDisplayMobile.5571f5d4937ac972.js:1:244109)
    at dg (c~BoardUI.desktop~BoardUI.mobile~BoardUI.saveBoardFromIntDisplayMobile.5571f5d4937ac972.js:1:243338)
    at xu (vendorReact~AppActivat.desktop~AppActivat.webview~BillingCore~Board~BoardInfoOperati~Dashboa.desktop.e3c574bed593fd75.js:2:62915)
    at No (vendorReact~AppActivat.desktop~AppActivat.webview~BillingCore~Board~BoardInfoOperati~Dashboa.desktop.e3c574bed593fd75.js:2:74546)
 (...)

Robert Johnson 10 months ago

RESOLVED: Update from Miro Support:

Thanks a lot for reaching out and reporting the issue.

We understand you were not able to delete the emojis from boards, and there indeed was a bug that affected this functionality. The good news is that our engineering team has fixed the bug, and now you should be able to delete emojis without any issues.

However, in case the issue persists - please let us know, and we'll request the engineering team to continue the investigation.

I have tested and am able to delete any emojis again as expected.

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Gui Oliveira - I am noticing issues with Emojis too. For me, on Windows 11, both using Chrome and the Miro desktop app, when I

1. create a new board
  2. add an emoji

I cannot delete that emoji. Then, if I create a sticky note, and then select the emoji to move it, I suddenly cannot “unselect” the emoji - somethings is frozen/has crashed. Even if I close and reopen the board, I still cannot delete the emoji.

I have opened a support ticket and will update this post as I hear from the suppor team.

Badge

Select multiple emojis then you can delete them. I had the same bug. For some reason can not delete them individually but after group them up in a pile then drag to select all, for some reason I can delete them.

Badge

Select multiple emojis then you can delete them. I had the same bug. For some reason can not delete them individually but after group them up in a pile then drag to select all, for some reason I can delete them.

The same counts for copying emojis

Userlevel 3
Badge

For me the problem is little different.

• I can add Emoji,
  • But can’t copy and paste it
    • Nor by Cmd + C and Cmd +V
    • Not by Right click , Copy, and Right click Paste menu
  • But I can paste it as a image successfully.

Regards

Aman

Userlevel 3
Badge

also I can’t delete a single Emoji :D

I have the same problem. Cannot copy/paste (either through edit or keyboard short cuts) nor can I delete single emojis. I tried logging out/in, deleting cache/history, logging in through Incognito browser.

Same here: duplicate & delete doesn’t work unless multiple icons are selected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

RESOLVED: Update from Miro Support:

Thanks a lot for reaching out and reporting the issue.

We understand you were not able to delete the emojis from boards, and there indeed was a bug that affected this functionality. The good news is that our engineering team has fixed the bug, and now you should be able to delete emojis without any issues.

However, in case the issue persists - please let us know, and we'll request the engineering team to continue the investigation.

I have tested and am able to delete any emojis again as expected.

Hi @Robert Johnson 

I cannot delete emoji at all!

Can you help me?