[RESOLVED] Iconfinder is unavailable

• 5 October 2020
  • 26 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi all, for the past week or so I’ve consistently had problems using Iconfinder in Miro. I’m basically getting this all the time. This has been invaluable when making sketches.  Anyone know what’s going on?

Marina 3 years ago

Hi there,

The issues with Iconfinder have been fixed, and it is back up and running. Could you please check and confirm if it is working for you as expected? :pray_tone2:

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kimmo Kyle - Miro is aware of this issue and is working to resolve it. In the meantime, they have suggested using icons from one of their other features, e.g., wireframe library, emojis, Google image search.

@Marina - Is there another post in the forum that you're aware of to which one could subscribe for updates on the Iconfinder's status? I am really missing it too 😢

Userlevel 2

Thanks Robert, that was my assumption. Hope there will be a remedy and Iconfinder isn’t going away :sleepy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Agreed! I first noticed that it was broken on 2020-09-29 10:00 AM CST (GMT-6). At that time, the message was this:

And within the day the message was updated to the screenshot you included.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Robert Johnson,

As far as I can see, no more open topics on the Iconfinder issue in the forum. I will update this thread as soon as there’s any news from the team. 

Hi Miro team, please fix the Iconfinder asap!  This is one of my most used/favourite functions in Miro!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks, @Marina!

**EVERYONE** If you would like to know when there is an update, click the the ⭐️Subscribe link under the original post to receive an email for all new replies on this post :relaxed:

Why not just hide the icon if it does not work. Seems confusing to continue to include when clearly it is not a quick fix. Adds confusing for people who would assume it works (e.g. students or attendees of a session who are not in miro all the time).

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jake_Calabrese - If Miro were to suddenly remove the Iconfinder app icon, that creates more confusion as people start posting here that it has disappeared and/or they also start contacting support.

Still, as of today, the Icon Finder app is not working. Any new status as to the timeline for correcting this issue?

They could simply gray the Icon Finder icon out - at least until this feature is available again. I sure hope this gets worked out asap, I miss it! 

Thanks for posting this thread. I’ve kept clicking the icon finder every day hoping for the best. It’s highly inconvenient it’s unavailable but it’s comforting to know there’s something wrong and we’re all missing it.

Hi all, for the past week or so I’ve consistently had problems using Iconfinder in Miro. I’m basically getting this all the time. This has been invaluable when making sketches.  Anyone know what’s going on?

Any more updates on when this issue will be resolved? It’s quite imp for collaborative sessions to keeping the hurdles low :-/ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

With never having heard of Iconfinder before discovering Miro when it was still RealtimeBoard, my gut feeling (and 100% pure speculation) is that there are licensing negotiations underway. And if that is the case, may they end soon and in our favor. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

As of this reply, Iconfinder is working in my spouse’s Education Plan.

Iconfinder is still not working for me in my Free or Consultant Plans.

My spouse added me as a guest editor to a board in her Education Plan and Iconfiner does not work for me.

So I added her as a Team Member on my Free Plan and Iconfinder works for her there.

So, Iconfinder is either only working for Team Admins of an Education Plan (unlikely?) or Miro only has a certain number of Iconfinder licenses and my spouse just happens to be consuming one (assigned by Miro account profile).

As of this reply, Iconfinder is working in my spouse’s Education Plan.

Iconfinder is still not working for me in my Free or Consultant Plans.

My spouse added me as a guest editor to a board in her Education Plan and Iconfiner does not work for me.

So I added her as a Team Member on my Free Plan and Iconfinder works for her there.

So, Iconfinder is either only working for Team Admins of an Education Plan (unlikely?) or Miro only has a certain number of Iconfinder licenses and my spouse just happens to be consuming one (assigned by Miro account profile).

Thanks for the updates. It sounds hopeful. I have a Team plan, but it doesn’t work for me either (yet…??)

With windows 10 laptop using free plan, it works. 

On a Mac Pro (desktop) running Catalina and it just started working again. Wasn’t working here or on my work Windows 10 PC before now...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Working again for me now too 👍

Userlevel 3

Working for me again on windows 10 laptop and consultant plan

Yesssss!!! it started working for me as well (MacBookPro 15” mid 2019, Catalina, Teams account)

Happy camper right now 😀

Userlevel 3

Unfortunately still not working on the Windows 10 Desktop - but now instead of saying it’s unavailable it has gone to -’something went wrong’  :pensive:

Userlevel 3

Unfortunately still not working on the Windows 10 Desktop - but now instead of saying it’s unavailable it has gone to -’something went wrong’  :pensive:

update - seems to be Microsoft Edge that is the issue - works fine on Google Chrome - haven’t tried it on desktop app

Yesterday was working at mi HP Laptop Windows 10, Microsoft Edge… but today isn’t working!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi everyone,

We are sorry for the inconvenience with the Iconfinder integration!

At the moment, Iconfinder is not available for all users, - we are troubleshooting all known issues in order to provide a great experience using it in the future.

Please stay tuned! The integration should be back really soon :hourglass_flowing_sand:

What is saddening is Miro took down the icons which were working because they wanted to improve the experience. 

How do you justify a 10-day downtime to improve anything? 10 DAYS!! of not having icons because the took it down to improve it 😂