Problem with Figma plugin for Miro updating all instances

• 20 September 2022
  • 3 replies

It's nice that your Figma>Miro plugin will import a PNG of selected Figma Frames into Miro, and update that PNG if I revise the original in Figma and resync it back to Miro.

But I need to update ALL instances of that Figma PNG in Miro, and not just the 1st instance.

For example, let's say that in Miro I want 3 instances of that same original Figma Frame (eg. a Homepage screen) in 3 separate places on the Miro board, so I make 2 more copies and put them where I want.

If I update the Homepage screen in Figma, then sync it back to Miro, it only updates the original Homepage, but not the other 2 copies. This is different from how the Sketch>Miro plugin works, which updates very instance that is copied in Miro and I love that so I always know the latest Homepage design shows for every copy in Miro.

Is it possible to make the Figma>Miro plugin function the say way? This is critical for my Sketch-to-Figma transition because I still use Miro to host all my massive screen matrix charts and screen-flows already in progress.

Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Quito Banogon 👋
Thanks so much for sharing your feature request!
I can see that you also submitted your idea to our Wish List here. Thank you for making Miro better!

Hi Helga - thanks!  Any rough idea of when we might see this functionality?  Do you think it will be a few weeks, months, years, or backlog TBD?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Quito Banogon 
Thanks for your question!
Our Product team reviews all the wish list items with 50+ upvotes every month and add the most popular ones to a backlog - this is how it works right now.