• 7 September 2023
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Now it’s very hard to see the 3 dots in top right of the thumbnail

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Christophe GESCHÉ - Agreed! A little hard to see. I shared this feedback in the updated-thumbnails announcement post:

https://community.miro.com/product-news-31/a-visual-update-to-miro-dashboard-thumbnails-14350?postid=54725#post54725

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for flagging this Christophe! I’ve share it with the team and we will look into it! 

Now it’s very hard to see the 3 dots in top right of the thumbnail

Hi Christophe, This is Isha from the Miro product team.

Could you please share the following with me:

• Are you hovering over the tile?
  • What device and browser are you using?

This is what I see on my end when I hover over the tile - a grey overlay. Let me know :)  Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Christophe, This is Isha from the Miro product team.

Could you please share the following with me:

• Are you hovering over the tile?
  • What device and browser are you using?

This is what I see on my end when I hover over the tile - a grey overlay. Let me know :)  Thank you!

Oh ! Indeed, hover doesn’t work.
I use the app  on Windows 11 and  on edge Version 116.0.1938.69 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

hoho, I discovered that only on my computer, but on all browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox).

So, I tried to disable 'Global Protect,' the VPN installed by the company. And oh, magic, I saw the gray on hover... but only for a few seconds until the VPN restarted.

Hi Christophe. I’m Kevin from the engineering team working on this product.

We are looking into fixing the issue, but first we need to be able to replicate it.

I see you are running Miro application on Edge browser (v116.0.1938.69) and Windows 11. And later you saw the issue was replicable in other browsers (Chrome, Firefox), but somehow the ‘Global Protect’ VPN may be related to the problem. Is this correct?

Apart from these circumstances, can you please provide me with the following details? So we can reproduce the issue and spot the problem:

1. Can you please describe the steps where you are able to make it work with VPN off. For example, do you first turn off VPN or access the application? Do you reload the page at any point?
  2. What device are you using? (laptop, tablet, other)
  3. Are you using the device on a ‘special’ mode? For example, with an accessibility feature enabled, or reading mode (if any)
  4. Is the issue reproducible on ‘private mode’? (link: how to browse in private mode)
  5. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache and cookies to see if it resolves the issue? (link: how to clear cookies)
  6. What browser extensions / plugins are you using? (some of them can alter the way a page works)
  7. When you experience the issue, are there any error messages or warnings in the browser's developer console? (link: how to see developer console)

Thank you so much for your feedback. We hope to fix this issue ASAP.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Christophe. I’m Kevin from the engineering team working on this product.

We are looking into fixing the issue, but first we need to be able to replicate it.

I see you are running Miro application on Edge browser (v116.0.1938.69) and Windows 11. And later you saw the issue was replicable in other browsers (Chrome, Firefox), but somehow the ‘Global Protect’ VPN may be related to the problem. Is this correct?

Apart from these circumstances, can you please provide me with the following details? So we can reproduce the issue and spot the problem:

1. Can you please describe the steps where you are able to make it work with VPN off. For example, do you first turn off VPN or access the application? Do you reload the page at any point?

Indeed, I was my feeling but I just make a test with a co-work
and it’s probably a wrong way.

Two major update in my feedback
1°  In fact when I refresh my  browser It’s seems working  until the page is  fully loaded

2° I ask  to 2 coworker to make the test
One with an apple imac => It’s work

One with exactly same conf than me => same problem than mine.

So i suppose it’s not a problem of my config. 

1. What device are you using? (laptop, tablet, other)

Standard Laptop  HP,  with  Windows (10 not 11 as I said above) but managed by  company.

1. Are you using the device on a ‘special’ mode? For example, with an accessibility feature enabled, or reading mode (if any)

IMHO I’m  in a normal mode, (and I have the problem with
Edge, Chrome, Chromium and Firefox 

I j’just try is  on the computer of my son, It’s work too (with my account)

1. Is the issue reproducible on ‘private mode’? (link: how to browse in private mode)

Yes  private mode (only tested on edge) dont work better

1. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache and cookies to see if it resolves the issue? (link: how to clear cookies)​​​​​​

On Edge and firefox, no change

1. What browser extensions / plugins are you using? (some of them can alter the way a page works)
  2. When you experience the issue, are there any error messages or warnings in the browser's developer console? (link: how to see developer console)

Warning => vendor-appEntry.8fbab2729f6d0a45.js:2  Canvas2D: Multiple readback operations using getImageData are faster with the willReadFrequently attribute set to true. See: https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/canvas.html#concept-canvas-will-read-frequently

Error : Uncaught (in promise) Error: Connection timeout after 1000ms
    at c~ImageWidget.581bfca564578e72.js:1:69452

==> mirostatic.com/app/static/c~ImageWidget.581bfca564578e72.js

return this.dbConnection = Promise.race([e, new Promise(((e,t)=>this.timeoutTaskId = setTimeout((()=>{
                    this.lastFailedTime = Date.now(),
                    this.dbConnection = null,
                    t(new Error(`Connection timeout after ${this.connectionTimeout}ms`))
                }

Thank you so much for your feedback. We hope to fix this issue ASAP.

Add as many details as possible, by providing details you’ll make it easier for others to reply

Hi again Cristophe. Thank you so much for the detailed response. It really help us in finding the cause of the issue.

I’ve spoken with my team regarding your issue and we think it might be related to the content (network requests) not being loaded correctly.

Particularly what draw our attention from what you shared is...

1°  In fact when I refresh my  browser It’s seems working  until the page is  fully loaded

If I understand correctly what you are describing here is that: the hover seems to be working while the page is loading, but some error happens while loading that it affects the further interaction with these ‘board elements’. Possibly the error you mentioned here

Please confirm if this is correct 🙏🏻

---
To continue with our investigation, and hoping this will point us directly to the root cause, we would like to request your help by recording the ‘network requests’ that happen while you’re loading the page. This is very straight-forward, as you only need to share a “HAR file” that is produced when you click on a button in the DevTools of your browser (link: how to generate a HAR file for troubleshooting).

As there’s no way to attach this type of file on Miro’s community forum, I will request Manouska to reach out to you with a way to make this happen :]

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

If I understand correctly what you are describing here is that: the hover seems to be working while the page is loading, but some error happens while loading that it affects the further interaction with these ‘board elements’. Possibly the error you mentioned here

Please confirm if this is correct 🙏🏻

Exactly.
And to be even more exact, I noticed that the tile is indeed "opaque" as desired, and becomes "clear" at the moment of the error/timeout (without me moving the mouse)

---
To continue with our investigation, and hoping this will point us directly to the root cause, we would like to request your help by recording the ‘network requests’ that happen while you’re loading the page. This is very straight-forward, as you only need to share a “HAR file” that is produced when you click on a button in the DevTools of your browser (link: how to generate a HAR file for troubleshooting).

Done, 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

As there’s no way to attach this type of file on Miro’s community forum, I will request Manouska to reach out to you with a way to make this happen :]

For the  Har File
If it’s more easy, I just send the file to Matteo Rossetti,  our  customer success manager, and  ask him to forward you the file.

Sending it to Matteo would be very helpful Cristophe 🙏🏻

Then he can forward it to me so we can figure out what has been the trouble this whole time :]

Hi Cristophe. Just to cover all 'corner cases', have you tried disabling cache to see if error still occurs?

This can be done as described here

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Christophe GESCHÉ Sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing some issues while in Miro. Our team would love to hop on a call and learn more about your experience to see if they can help. Please DM us your email address and we'll get back to you from there! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I say hello to see if there is anything new? Was my har useful?
In any case on our side it is not resolved