Skip to main content
Question

Most efficient way to rebuild board with better zoom ratio and larger magnification as default?

• 18 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Board was built with closer to 1-10% zoom and they are large expansive boards 2 or 3 years ago. I need to use these boards again and want to know if there is a way to resize the entire board to relate to a 40-100% zoom as default. 
I tried making a new board and copying some of the built parts piece by piece and pasting them in the new board but they won't size up successfully. It's going to be a headache to find the original graphics to build the entire board from scratch.  Is it possible to retrofit the board by changing the magnification without rebuilding from scratch and original image sources?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Isobel Davis 

I guess I am having a bit of a hard time understanding the your challenge.

You can naturally select all items in your board and then re-size them by just dragging on the little dots at the edges.  If you try to resize everything to make them smaller, of course some things may get ugly: font sizes = 2 pts, lines that look hugely thick.  If you try to resize everything to make them bigger, could also be a few problems, like lines that look too thin.

Is that what is happening?

Cheers, Ken

Thanks for a response. There is still a problem. You gave me the confidence to try again. After hitting “V”, I used command+A and it selected everything. So glad there is a keyboard command for that.  I can see how to move everything in sync, but sizing is another problem. There are no dots to grab on the corners to click and drag to a smaller size. Each object has a bounding box, but not corner dot to grab. They are sized fine in relationship to each other so I want to size smaller universally. I’d like to be able to zoom out so I need to have them size down.

Since I cannot zoom out enough to see all objects on my board it’s difficult. It sits at 1% with only a partial view, and should be 40-100%.  Perhaps it will work if I do a bit at a time. But it is a complex board. 

Maybe there is still an easy solution but haven’t found it yet. 

Any further thoughts anyone? Thank you!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge

HI @Isobel Davis 

Not sure if this helps, but boxes without resizing corners do appear when objects are locked. For example, here is a screenshot from a board in which I selected everything with CTRL-A, then locked it, so you can see bounding boxes but without resize corners:

Things can get really messy when you have a combination of objects, some of them locked and some of them not locked. It’s pretty easy to see if something is locked because if you click on that object, a little control will come up that looks like this:

Now, if you don’t own the board and someone else did the locking, then your pretty out of luck.

Not sure if that helps you one step further?

Good troubleshoot. I own and built the original board and definitely some things are locked. With 322 objects, I would have lots of work to unlock across the board. Perhaps I can unlock universally. 

It sounds like I can resize everything universally if I select all, but I can’t have anything locked for it to work. I’ll play around with this.

Big thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Isobel Davis - Right click anywhere on the board and Unlock all.