[KNOWN BUG] Apple iPad Pro - Pencil

• 24 November 2022
  • 39 replies

Userlevel 1

I am testing this app for the business. on a new iPad Pro using the Miro app from the Apple store.  When I select the pen icon from the tool bar and then start to write or draw and object the moment my pen is no longer in contact with the screen what I have drawn disappears.  I can create a object or a text box and write in them, but on the “open” area of the whiteboard nothing.  I have installed the MS white board and there is no issue with the pen in that application. Seems like I am missing a setting. Can someone give me a hand?

Arin 1 year ago

Hi @Rob DeMars!​
Thank you for getting in touch! We fully understand the impact that this issue might have on Miro users. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused. 

Our developers have recently released a pack of improvements for Apple Pen performance, so hopefully, this will help with some of our users with issues related to the Apple Pen. We have been receiving confirmations from other customers who reported similar difficulties that things have been smooth for them. However,  the release was not specifically for new iPad Pro users but we assume this might help with most cases.

To that end, please ensure that you're using the latest version of the app and let us know if there’s been any sort of improvements. 

Thanks again for your patience!

View original

39 replies

Hi @Scott McCallum 
I’d be happy to help here!

I’m afraid currently some users on the new iPad Pro (M2) are facing similar issues when using the digital pencil for drawing. Updating the tablet app helped with resolving the issue in some cases however this might not be helpful for all users. 
Our team is already aware of this and they are currently investigating the issue. 

Hopefully, this won't take too long, so please bear with us! I will keep you updated on our progress.

Hi,

I have the same issue with my new iPad Pro. Please fix this issue, it will be very appreciated.

Thank you! 

Whenever I draw with the Apple Pencil, the line from the pencil disappears. What am i doing wrong?

Same issue on my ipad pro.

Was going to purchase licenses for my team but ill hold off on it until it’s fixed.

Userlevel 1

I am also unable to purchase this software until this challenge is resolved

Userlevel 1

Same issue. Please fix it

Same issue. Can we get any update on whether or not this is being researched? I too was going to buy licenses for my team, but can’t until this is fixed.

Userlevel 1

Now Apple Pencil is working...

Userlevel 1

Stopped again

@Arin any update on this? It would help to understand some general timelines on an issue this big. It makes the app almost unusable on the new ipad pro… 

Trying to have some patience, but without any communication I’m losing hope that it will be resolved anytime soon. Holding out a bit longer before making a decision to move my team. 

Userlevel 1

Same issue on new iPad Pro.

Hey @Sean Donovan,
Thank you for following up!

I’m afraid there is no news on the fix yet. I can assure you that our team is looking into the issue and trying to resolve it as soon as possible. I’ll be sure to inform you here once the issue is fully resolved.

Thanks again for your patience. Please bear with us!

Userlevel 1

@Arin Thanks for the update Arin.  This has turned into a challenge for our corporate users as well as we’ve begun rolling out new iPad (we have over 100 Miro users).  Are we taking days or weeks for a fix?

Hi @Rob DeMars!​
Thank you for getting in touch! We fully understand the impact that this issue might have on Miro users. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused. 

Our developers have recently released a pack of improvements for Apple Pen performance, so hopefully, this will help with some of our users with issues related to the Apple Pen. We have been receiving confirmations from other customers who reported similar difficulties that things have been smooth for them. However,  the release was not specifically for new iPad Pro users but we assume this might help with most cases.

To that end, please ensure that you're using the latest version of the app and let us know if there’s been any sort of improvements. 

Thanks again for your patience!

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply @Arin We’re currently using version 3.23.2 which was released 3 weeks ago.

@Arin the issue has not changed, and there are no new releases available on the new Ipad Pro. The latest version was released 3 weeks ago. This seems like it would be an urgent issue considering it makes the app unusable on Ipad…Concerning how long this is taking to get any type of clarity on timelines.

Seems to still be an issue here as well. Let’s hope freeform doesn’t catch up on collaboration.

Userlevel 1

@Arin It appears the latest update released today (3.23.3) still doesn’t fix issue.

Thank you  @Rob DeMars and @Sean Donovan for following up on the issue and sharing more details. I have passed on your feedback to our team. Hopefully, we will be able to resolve this as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your assistance!

The problem has not yet been resolved for me. Checked the latest version of the app and website.

I’m also having issues on my M2 iPad Pro. The drawing itself seems to be Ok, but palm rejection isn’t. I find that when the palm is resting on the screen I keep getting dots drawn without the pencil being pressed.

Same bug for my M2 iPad Pro. Writing/drawing does not work at all in any cases, and when I switch to the “connection line” tool, Pencil becomes very sensitive, the screen senses the pencil even before pencil touches the screen. So I can use pencil to put connection lines between two objects without in contact with the screen, like using a magic wand.

Userlevel 1

@Arin Hi Arin.  Just keeping you in the loop that the latest version of Miro released 4 hours ago (3.23.4) still isn’t fixing the known issue.

Hey @Rob DeMars,
Thank you for the heads-up! I’ll be sure to pass your feedback to our product team.

Hi @Arin , 

Is there any progress regarding this issue? 

Seems i’m still unable to draw. 

Thank you