How to place a video on a Miro board

• 16 March 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey there!

Looking for a way to place a video on a Miro board? :projector:

You can upload the video to a video-sharing platform (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) and simply paste the video link on a board using the shortcuts Ctrl/Cmd+C/Ctrl/Cmd+V. The media will be displayed right on the board!

:bulb: Please keep in mind that the visual preview is only shown if the source service settings allow it: private videos are not displayed on Miro boards but you can go to the video source.

6 replies

Badge

I would like the ability to upload an MP4. I want to upload zoom recordings that demonstrate how to use the board without uploading an MP4 to my personal youtube account.

Badge

I want to upload a video directly from my desktop to my Miro board, how do I do this? An error occurs ‘file not supported’ - it’s a standard Quicktime screen recording. z

Badge

Can I not upload a video directly from my desktop? I read it needs to be a MPG, yet that doesn’t work…

SOS!

Is there any method to include a Video from my PC to the Miro Board?

LG Dennis.

Can I not upload a video directly from my desktop? I read it needs to be a MPG, yet that doesn’t work…

SOS!

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Catherine Slyoskina - if you set the video to be ‘unlisted’ instead of private that definitely works.

Also if i take a private video, add a “can view” id list to YT and use the URL in the email sent by youTube to create an iFrame and view it that way IT WORKS! but there are a lot of moving parts and i’ve not tried any of the combinations of factors that could break it

Your right tat hprivate videos don’t add directly - i suspect the miro app could do that if you knew what credentials it presents to youtube when seeking access

What to do if I need make a board out of private videos? If I will upload them to YouTube and make them private, they woudn’t work, but I can’t add them directly.