Edit PlantUML diagram

Userlevel 2

Hi,

I have added PlantUML app, created a sequence diagram and added it to my Miro board.

I want to make a change to the created sequence diagram, but cannot find a way to go back to the PlantUML source code that created sequence diagram.

Anyone had this experience? Can you please help?

Br,

Anil

12 replies

This would be helpful. The only workaround I have is to copy paste the source code into a comment on the generated image. Mermaid UML also doesn’t support update functionality. 

Clearly a missing feature to be able to edit.

+1 for this feature request. PlantUML diagrams in Confluence is a good reference implementation where it keeps the diagram’s source code within the object and can be edited directly which then regenerates the image.

Would be great to see that functionality in the Miro app as well - until it is, I don’t expect to use the Miro app as I don’t see a reasonable workaround. Burying the source code in a comment isn’t great, and pasting it into a separate nearby text or code widget clutters up the diagram pretty badly.

Userlevel 6

Hi @strong leap , we’ve made a few updates to PlantUML. You can now edit your diagrams, to edit, select the image generated by one of the apps and then click the toolbar icon. The source of the original diagram will be loaded in the editor.

Here you can find all the updates we made.

Best,

Turner 

Hi @strong leap , we’ve made a few updates to PlantUML. You can now edit your diagrams, to edit, select the image generated by one of the apps and then click the toolbar icon. The source of the original diagram will be loaded in the editor.

Here you can find all the updates we made.

Best,

Turner 

I have a problem while editing a big PlantUML diagram with almost 200 lines of code.

First, button Update Digram often infinitely shows the “running” status.

Second, after adding the PlantUML diagram and reopening it in PlantUML editor, the code is empty.

Please help to solve these problems! Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi,

I have added PlantUML app, created a sequence diagram and added it to my Miro board.

I want to make a change to the created sequence diagram, but cannot find a way to go back to the PlantUML source code that created sequence diagram.

Anyone had this experience? Can you please help?

Br,

Anil

It is now possible to re-edit a schema generated with plantUml.
You must click on the diagram before clicking on the tool

this feature somehow stopped working in my miro board. i could easily edit the plantuml diagrams, but since yesterday whenever I select an existing diagram and click on the PlantUml icon in the toolbar, it open an empty editor as if I want to create a brand new diagram. Anyone else facing this issue?

I have the same issue as Ehsan, when selecting an existing diagram and clicking the plantuml app, the editor opens empty.

Is this a known issue that is being work on?

This feature stopped working for me as well. Not possible to edit existing PlantUML diagram.

Same here. The edit feature for PlantUML has stopped working. Not only PlantUML, but other diagrams such as Mermaid also have this issue now.

Same here 😶 - this is really bad - there seems to be no way to retrieve the diagram “code” - for complicated diagrams very difficult to recreate them!

Okay I found out that the KeepassXC plugin interferes with the diagram editing somehow - when disabling it the editing works as expected...