Dropbox integration and Video

• 13 October 2021
  • 7 replies

The Dropbox integration claims to support video files: https://miro.com/marketplace/dropbox/. However, when trying to add an mp4 to the board via dropbox I only get a “file not supported” error. Which video files are actually supported? 

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @arnomi,

Thanks for your question!

Integration with Dropbox allows you to import files, images, and documents from your Dropbox account and add them to the boards for further discussion and collaboration. These are the formats Miro boards currently support

File type File formats
     Images bmpgifsvg (as a solid image), jpegjpgpngpsd, heic, heif
     Tables and spreadsheets xls, xlsx, csvods
     Text documents  docdocxodt, rtf
     Presentations ppt, pptx, odp

Unfortunately, uploading video files to Miro is not currently supported. As a workaround, you can upload a video to a video-sharing platform and embed it to your board.

Hope this helps. Have a great day!

Hi @Nikita Granin,

thanks for the clarification.

The documentation of the plugin is a bit misleading then. There it states

Key features:

• Support of images, videos, PDF files, Google Drive documents, and MS Office files

It would probably be good to clarify this directly on the plugin page.

@Nikita Granin is this at least on the roadmap? As a motion graphics designer, this functionality is highly necessary to me! 

If it’s not, can we turn it into a feature request please?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Chroma Studios

Thanks for your question!

We currently have this feature related to uploading MP4 videos in our backlog. As the feature is still in development, we can't share any ETA with you just yet, but I'd recommend keeping an eye on our Changelog. Feel free to sign up for the bi-weekly Changelog newsletter right on the Changelog page.

You can also check out the Wish List in our Community. Here you can submit feature requests, share additional thoughts you'd like us to pass over to the Product team, and upvote the best features you think should be implemented in Miro.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. You can always get back in touch with us if you have additional questions down the line.

How’s that backlog looking @Nick_Miro ?  I could (along with thousands of other video experts) REALLY do with this feature!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Chroma Studios,

Backlog is only for our internal use, I am afraid. You can check our Changelog to track our weekly updates. And yes, please add your wishes to our Wish List! 😀

Hey @arnomi 

I just started using/exploring Miro, I am also disappointed to see that it doesn’t work with mp4 videos.

The information is false as mentioned in the Miro link provided by you.

Here is another link providing the same wrong info on Dropbox’s website, where it says that you can upload video files

https://www.dropbox.com/apps/miro