Can I lock a Planner Board

• 12 February 2024
  • 4 replies

We are using “Jira Cards” and “Planner” in our project.

Is there any feature (or workaround) to lock a “Planner”-Board on our Miro?

Sometimes we’d like to avoid that a simple manipulation on the board (e.g. by mistake mark all items/cards and drag/drop them into another field in the Planner) forces a high number of Jira-actions which then will need a lot of time to correct afterwards.

Is there such a feature in the Planner-App?

Or any othe idea how to prevent, e.g. by overlay a transparent box and lock that (although I have not been successfull with that idea..)?

Thanks for your help and ideas, Christian 

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Christian Koster other than putting a frame over the top and then hiding the contents, there’s no current way of preventing people from not moving tickets on the Planner Board. Perhaps a bit of user education is what is needed here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Christian Koster - One workaround I found is to put a transparent PNG overtop and lock the PNG.

I have attached a PNG (but be careful – it’s invisible!). Actually, adding a coloured border to the PNG would help add some visibility. 

Wish List

I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

@Robert Johnson - Thanks for your input.
Unfortunately I am not able to open or see that transparent PNG you added to your message.

By clicking on your image/attachment provided, I get a message overlay saying “The image could not be loaded”. Also if I copy the URL to it and trying to open that URL in a browser I get “Whoops, looks like something went wrong.”

Any idea why this does not work, at least not for me?
Or - are you able to share that transparent PNG with me again or through an alternative way of sharing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Christian Koster - Yeah, I see that something went wrong with the attachment, so I deleted it.

When the usual route fails, Miro FTW!

I added the image to this board, so you should be able to download it (or just duplicate the entire board).

The image is a landscape ratio, so if you need something taller, you could duplicate (Ctrl/Cmd-D) and group as many PNGs as needed. I also grouped some text to the PNG, to act as a watermark of sorts, and added a border to the image.

https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVNtxHTQU=/