Serious regression with API v1

• 18 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi there,

Some time ago we have found a regression on the SDK v1 that is blocking the usage of our Miro extension "Smart Diagrams". The extension essentially provides a list of pre-built Miro diagrams that can be added to your board, saving time when creating nice-looking boards.

However, since a couple of months ago, when users choose a diagram to add to the board it gets added normally, but then if they resize it, all shapes are transformed into squares! This breaks the whole user experience and it's a blocker for users to continue using our extension. Here's a video showing the problem: 

I've been in touch with some people from Miro, who confirmed that they could reproduce the problem, but I've never heard back nor this has been fixed. So I'm hoping that the community can help and hopefully the Miro folks can get back to us.

Does anyone else have this issue as well? Miro, please help! We are stuck!

Thank you.

P.S: we tried moving to the SDK v2 but there are many missing forms and attributes, which I provided them with feedback. While it's not possible to achieve the same results with SDK v2, we can't migrate right now.

3 replies

Badge +1

Thank you very much to the Miro team for having fixed the bug! The app is fully functional again! Much appreciated :)

Also, they have let me know that there has been a new release with new features on the SDK 2.0 which we are willing to test asap: https://developers.miro.com/changelog/2022-12-21-changelog

Thank you once again!

Badge +1

Hi Will,

Thank you very much for your response. I really appreciate the extra push and fingers crossed that this will get sorted soon.

Indeed we are in a very critical situation, stuck between a broken SDK v1 and an incomplete SDK v2. We've been even considering to pull the product off, since the impact this problem has caused is a major blocker that causes the exact inverse feedback that we'd expect from our users. Unfortunately we haven't seen any updates on this over the last 2-3 months, so I'd really appreciate if you could share any timelines once you get back from the team, so that we can plan what we will do moving forward. I do think that we have a great SDK and environment for building Miro apps, but unfortunately this kind of blocker with no action for 3 months puts its reliability under question.

Once again, thank you very much for your prompt response and we are looking forward to hearing from you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @vp_appgami,

Thanks a lot for raising this here, and sincere apologies that this bug in the v1 Web SDK continues to impact your app—I can certainly understand how frustrating this must be.

As you mentioned, this bug is something that’s on our radar, but we unfortunately haven’t yet been able to address it, which I realize is creating a challenging situation for you. 

I’ve gone ahead and raised this again with our team to see if we can try to get some more traction on it for you. At the same time, we’re also continuing to work on getting closer to feature parity between v1 and v2 of our Web SDK, which may be another path forward (though I completely understand that’s not an immediate fix).

While I wish I could give you a concrete update right now, I can see the challenging spot this puts you and your app in, and I’ll do my best to continue advocating for the resolution of this on v1. 

Thanks, and I’ll be in touch,
Will