Rest API - Boards does not return last opened attributes

• 12 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

The “boards” rest API returns a number of attributes including “createdAt”, “createdBy”, “modifiedAt”, and “modifiedBy”. Is there a way to get the “last_opened” attributes? One can sort the results by “last_opened” date, but the details on the “last_opened” event are not returned e.g., “lastopenedAt” and “lastopenedBy”.

I am building a solution to delete boards that have not been used within a set time period. I would like to include both the last opened and last modified dates into my deletion criteria.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @Stephen Wingert,

Thanks for raising this—it’s a great point, and I can definitely appreciate how valuable it would be to expose these details (lastOpenedAt, lastOpenedBy) within the GET Boards endpoint.

While you’re correct that the closest approach at the moment is to use the last_opened sorting method, I will raise this internally as a feature request to see if it’s something we might be able to support in the future. 

Thanks again for the suggestion, and I’ll be happy to share any updates with you here.

Best,
Will

Badge +1

Hey @Stephen Wingert,

Thanks for raising this—it’s a great point, and I can definitely appreciate how valuable it would be to expose these details (lastOpenedAt, lastOpenedBy) within the GET Boards endpoint.

While you’re correct that the closest approach at the moment is to use the last_opened sorting method, I will raise this internally as a feature request to see if it’s something we might be able to support in the future. 

Thanks again for the suggestion, and I’ll be happy to share any updates with you here.

Best,
Will

Thank you for the response and adding the request to your feature backlog, much appreciated! 

Badge +1

@Will Bishop Is there any ETA on including the ”lastopenedAt” and “lastopenedBy” attributes getBoards and GetSpecificBoard rest methods?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Stephen Wingert,

Thanks for following up on this. While I wish I had a concrete update to share with you, I’m afraid this is still a feature request. 

Another alternative you might consider looking into is the Audit Log API, which returns events such as `board_opened` — this will provide an event when a user has opened a particular board and at what time. You might be able to use these details in a similar manner.

But I hear you on adding more details to the API for this purpose. I will continue to advocate for this internally.

Best,
Will​​​​​​​

Badge +1

@Will Bishop - appreciate the update. We do have a work-around with support from our Miro account team via a custom report. I imagine the attribute addition would be useful for other Miro customers as well. Thank you for advocating for the change.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @Stephen Wingert, I’m happy to share that the REST API’s GET Boards endpoint now supports the lastOpenedAt and lastOpenedBy parameters 🎉

You can find more details here:
https://community.miro.com/developer-platform-and-apis-57/new-in-the-rest-api-lastopenedat-and-lastopenedby-available-in-get-boards-endpoint-14645

Cheers!
Will

Badge +1

@Will Bishop Is there any update on this feature request?