Frame embedding into multiple boards

• 13 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I would love a feature where a single frame (including all content inside that frame) could be displayed and edited in multiple boards!

EX.  My team created a “project planning” board that keeps progress/ tasks/ activities/ and assignments for all our projects. We link to individual boards for each project inside that board.  I would be great if there was a way to have that specific project plan viewable inside that project Miro board.  we then could plan out and update that progress inside that project board and the same information would update in the project planning board!

I hope this makes sense and would be happy to answer questions if this is not clear.

Thanks

Terril

johnson_terril_j@cat.com

2 replies

Badge

Hey Terril,

Your request can potentially be solved using the Miro board embed via iFrame, as covered in this Help Center article.

Long story short, you can embed one or several boards into another board with specific views, meaning that you’ll be able to see the up-to-date information from other boards on the one that has the embedded ones.

Otherwise, we don’t have a way to “share” widgets or frames between the boards, as each board hosts all its widgets, and copying them to other boards in fact creates new versions of those widgets and frames, which doesn’t allow to update them automatically when the original data is updated.

Hope the workaround helps! 

Thanks for your answer Andrew, it is not the solution because ‘autoplay’ doesnt work on Mirobords and iframe makes it realy slow! 
This wish is asked multiple times in different topics, still doesnt find the solution, but your answer comes close to it, the most.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey Terril,

Your request can potentially be solved using the Miro board embed via iFrame, as covered in this Help Center article.

Long story short, you can embed one or several boards into another board with specific views, meaning that you’ll be able to see the up-to-date information from other boards on the one that has the embedded ones.

Otherwise, we don’t have a way to “share” widgets or frames between the boards, as each board hosts all its widgets, and copying them to other boards in fact creates new versions of those widgets and frames, which doesn’t allow to update them automatically when the original data is updated.

Hope the workaround helps!