Answered

Why the Export to image PDF is not working?

• 1 February 2021
  • 7 replies

I have been trying to export the frames but the file option to export into JPG images is not available the only option is save as “all files” what does not work.

I have a free account.

How can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 1 February 2021, 21:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Hello,

I've encountered the problem of having difficulties exporting to .pdf or image. I can't save it with as well the same problem with

"the dropdown menu for JPEG is not available the only option is save as “all files” what does not work when I try to open the file on my PC." by Kate.

I realised I was using the desktop Miro. Only when I'm on the web-based Miro, then I can export to image or PDF.

Ahn!! Now it went through. Uau! It took me a long time trying through the  frames panel, which has the same function, but does not work.

As a user I would recommend fixing that because it is frustrating. I tried on two different days, having to take a print out of my screen to save to Photoshop and and JPGE, can you imagine. 

Now with your tip I will be able to present my work right.

Thanks

KT

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kelly Tavares - Okay, you have said something that I overlooked at first: “file option”.

To be clear, you should not be using the browser’s “File” menu bar option to save export anything from your Miro board.

To export frames for viewing outside of Miro, there are two primary options:

1. Export each frame
  2. Export the entire board as a PDF (which makes each frame it’s own page in the PDF).

To export a frame

1. Click the frame once to select it
  2. use the menu that pops up to select Export as image:

To export the board/all frames as a PDF:

1. use the export this board button:

2. And the then Save as PDF:

Thanks ! I've sent this message: “

I have been trying to export the frames but when choosing the file option to export into small JPG images, the dropdown menu for JPEG is not available the only option is save as “all files” what does not work when I try to open the file on my PC. Do you think it is a settings problem with my PC? Instead it is generating a weird file and asking me to choose from a program in my computer to open it and if I choose Photoshop for example, its keeps not working. I have a free account.

How can I do to solve this problem?”

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kelly Tavares - If the Frame → Export as image → Small JPG is either there, but disabled and won’t let you click it, or is there, but is not working, then it does sound like there is a problem. Please reach out to the Miro Customer Support team directly by creating a ticket via this special form.

I know , but that is the problem. It is not even exporting in small JPG

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kelly Tavares - On the Free Plan, you can only export the board as a lower quality PDF and individual frames are exported as lower quality JPEGs.

The full details can be found in the Board Export Help Center article.

Here is the Free Plan frame and board export options in action: