[RESOLVED] Broken color palette

• 26 October 2021
  • 17 replies

Badge

For some reason I can’t add new colors using the color drop. I cleared all cookies, cache, reboot laptop… the struggle is real! Anyone that had the same problem? HELP PLEASE!

Robert Johnson 2 years ago

@Chris Holt / @Val_theWiz

Update # 2 from Miro support:

We are happy to inform you that the issue with the color picker has been resolved! Please note that you might need to refresh your Miro page in order to be able to use the picker on the boards that were already opened before the release.

I can confirm that it is working for me again.

View original

17 replies

Miro team found rare issues and deployed fixes.

Works for me now - just had to log off and on again.

Color picker and hue slider back to normal @Robert Johnson thx for your help!

@FRRY do you encounter similar problems?

Do you by chance use more than 1 Miro accounts?

Do you use Jira integration/ Jira Cards?

Support ticket still pending.

I can get it to work once after wiping browser data clean and log into the board anonymously - then it works until I reload the board. Then it breaks.

My teammate gets it to break after adding several dozen custom colors.

Hi Robert,

here is the summary of our findings as discussed

1. Had a teammate try, works consistently for him
  2. Works for me once if I clear browser cookies (for Miro), after page/ board reload broken again (both FF and Chrome)
  3. Same behavior (works once) in both browsers incognito/ private mode

• Does not matter in FF whether extensions are on/ off
  • FF console warns me about SameSite cookie issue as it breaks again - reuse personal colors from cookie of prev session?

• I use vanilla Chrome 109er
  • Chrome console warns me about "given range isn't in document" as it breaks again - color value?

Thx for help

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I’m kind of stumped.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thx @Robert Johnson
I added to test board

Yet, it still doesn’t work on your boards? And is it all boards? What about if you create a new board? Are there other members of your team? If so, does it work for any of them?

I will PM you my email address if you can/would like to add me to a team/board to try with my Miro account profile.

Thx @Robert Johnson
I added to test board

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jam  - By “slider” I assume you are referring to the opacity slider?

Maybe you picked up some bad code along the way. Have you tried clearing your browser cache? An incognito/private browser window?

Can you create a custom color from an incognito window on this board? [TEST BOARD REMOVED]

Thx for checking @Robert Johnson and good that it works for some!

Tried 2 different computers, both FF and Chrome each

Different accounts.

Brokedi-broken for me in either case unfortunately.

In Chrome I can get the slider working at least but...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Color settings totally broken as of recently Firefox and Chrome - is it just me?

Cannot use crosshairs nor color slider or picker (just insert Color Hex Code)

@Jam - All working as expected for me in latest Chrome, Windows 11 64-bit.

Color settings totally broken as of recently Firefox and Chrome - is it just me?

Cannot use crosshairs nor color slider or picker (just insert Color Hex Code)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Chris Holt / @Val_theWiz

Update # 2 from Miro support:

We are happy to inform you that the issue with the color picker has been resolved! Please note that you might need to refresh your Miro page in order to be able to use the picker on the boards that were already opened before the release.

I can confirm that it is working for me again.

Userlevel 1

I am also struggling with this issue. It is somewhat frustrating to have to use PHOTOSHOP to get the color code of a simple color swatch for adding it into Miro.

This is a new bug, quite frustrating.

Badge

Thanks for sharing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update # 1 from Miro support:

Thanks for getting in touch with us and reporting the issue with color picker! We're truly sorry you've run into it. 

I'm afraid that currently, there's a bug on our end that causes this behavior. The good news is that the team is already aware of the issue and is currently working on a fix for it. We're bringing our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience it causes! 

We'll definitely keep you updated on the progress. Please, bear with us! 

Badge

@Robert Johnson  This is brutal! I’m in the middle of my workshop design for next week! Hopefully they will answer and solve this quickly! Thanks for keeping my in the loop :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Val_theWiz - I discovered this myself yesterday and opened a Miro support ticket.

I will update this post as Miro support updates my ticket.

FYI Mironeers: The ticket # is 355433.