Answered

Lock All Frames

• 15 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello Community,

I am curious, is there a way to lock all frames with one action, button or keyboard shortcut? I see there is an “unlock all” option, so, I am assuming there is the opposite function available. Please advise. 

Thank you

Isabella

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 11 February 2021, 20:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Isabella D'Alessandro - As you have learned, there is no Lock all feature. You mentioned wanting to lock all frames. What you can do is:

1. As @Kiron Bondale mentioned, select all objects on the board using Cmd/Ctrl+A.
  2. Now all objects will be selected and the total number of objects will show on the context menu under “Filter”
  3. Click on the total “#” Filter to further see the total number of objects by type and select the object type you are looking to target.
  4. And then click on the lock icon.

In this example, I have selected everything on the board using Ctrl+A. It shoes me that I have 455 objects on the board. I can then quickly select the 8 frames and lock them:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Isabella D'Alessandro -

You could try to do a select all (Ctrl-A) and see if the toolbar shows the lock icon or not. Unfortunately, there are a number of native Miro rules which dictate when that lock icon appears with a group of selected objects so it is possible that it may not which would then require you to lock content in batches.

Kiron