Question

Talktrack Video download

• 13 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Hey Team,

I really love the new Talktrack functionally - great idea & implementation.
The one thing I am missing (or not seeing) how can I download / export the video I have created?

Is there any onboard functionality I do not see?
Or does somebody has a shortnotice hack for me how to download the video including sound with loosing quality by screenrecording?

Thanks so much for a quick help!
Best Viola

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ViolaT

Is there any onboard functionality I do not see?

No, you are not missing anything. You cannot currently download Talktrack recordings.

While I am only speculating, from my knowledge of how the recordings work, the only thing truly being recorded as a video file is your video and/or audio (depending on your selection before you begin the recording). The moving around the board is saved as text/metadata and synced up with the recording, so when the Talktrack recording is being watched, the board is moving around as you moved it during the recording – the screen was never recorded.

If you want a video of your Talktrack, you would use Loom to record the Talktrack recording, however, if you do that, you may as well have just recorded the video using Loom in the first place – it really depends on the intentions of the recording, e.g., if someone is to following along with your recording on the board and complete actions on the board. That being said, if you just want to download a recording of your Talktrack, it sounds like you just want a screen recording of what you were doing, along with audio, and perhaps a video of you as you talk. Loom can actually be better for this as when you are making a Talktrack you cannot interact with the board.

Dear @Robert Johnson 
Thanks so much for your fast and very detailed answer including the Loom Tool Tipp!
It answers my use case and the benefits of the Miro format!

Very much appreciated!

This is still a wish for me to be able to do the video in one program/format and not have to use another app. Tech is not my priority but a support!

Hi, 

I am new to Miro and just noticed about this thread. Is there any plan for Miro to add a download extension anytime soon? 

I record the Talktrack via Screen Recording, a free solution for Windows user. I am trying to avoid double handling the process.

Cheers,

Kevin

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for sharing this question @ViolaT! We’ve made some updates to Talktrack. To learn more about this feature and all other Miro product updates,  join us on March 13 or 14, for our What’s New Product Webinar! You’ll hear directly from our Product Marketing team about how you can use these features to just make work, flow ✨

Hope you all can join us for our What’s New Product Webinar too @Carol Jungman @OBC!

Thanks for sharing this question @ViolaT! We’ve made some updates to Talktrack. To learn more about this feature and all other Miro product updates,  join us on March 13 or 14, for our What’s New Product Webinar! You’ll hear directly from our Product Marketing team about how you can use these features to just make work, flow ✨

Hope you all can join us for our What’s New Product Webinar too @Carol Jungman @OBC!

Hey Manouska, I was just wondering if you guys are currently working on it.. because I recorded a 30 minute + video and when I decided that I need to downloaded it I also came across onto that proble. I coulnd’t download the video so, I have to go to another softwares to screen record everything I captured.

I just hope that the new download feauture on miro will be available as soon as possible! But no rush team!

Love this software a lot :))